Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FDNY 10-75

Towers of Light

24 posts in this topic

Last night I had the privilege of seeing the Towers of Light first hand. I made a few pictures to share:

DSC_1993.jpg

NEVER FORGET!

Edited by FDNY 10-75

nice pictures, the one with engine 14 looks really good

I wish I knew you were coming down Eli. Glad you got to experience it. Nice photos !

This was certainly the highlight of my night ! Three Forty Three went into service earlier that morning. They were out for a jumper and were kind enough to take a stroll down the river toward the Tribute In Lights.

343A.jpg

343B.jpg

I took aprox 500 photos. Will upload more when I can.

http://www.brianduddy.com/g/091110

I wish I knew you were coming down Eli. Glad you got to experience it. Nice photos !

This was certainly the highlight of my night ! Three Forty Three went into service earlier that morning. They were out for a jumper and were kind enough to take a stroll down the river toward the Tribute In Lights.

343A.jpg

343B.jpg

I took aprox 500 photos. Will upload more when I can.

http://www.brianduddy.com/g/091110

Great shot of 343 and the towers of light...quite inspiring and a nice tribute.....NEVER FORGET

by the way thank you for taking these pictures....you really need to send that photo the WTC memorial committee and the members of the fireboat 343

Edited by bvfdjc316

Very nice pics, thanks for sharing.....

Drove down the Thruway from Newburgh and we were able to see the clouds lit up with the glow from Newburgh. Couldn't see the beams, just the reflection in the clouds.

I took my 10 year old son around 10:45 Saturday night to Liberty State Park. When I parked the car and saw the lights I noticed something very different. Reminded me of the particles of dust you see when you shine a very bright flashlight except the objects floating in the Lights seemed to have a sense of direction. I thought this was very odd, I had never seen this before. I wanted to go over to Manhattan to see them from the base but when I go to to the Turnpike entrance the lights we off. I thought to my self they had changed the hours and did not leave them on all night.

Last night the News reported that the lights were shut off for an hour because what I saw were birds drawn to the lights.

Something different.

We made it down earlier in the night but had to leave as soon as I pulled in by the Colgate clock for a necked EDP laying in traffic. When we met back later the lights started to fade out while I was looking at them through the bino's. I never had noticed that before it looked like sparkles in the beams. But they eventually turned them back on. Those pic's are incredible of 3-4-3.