Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Analysis: Accidents Do Happen (Tarrytown)

6 posts in this topic

Analysis: Accidents Do Happen BY Nancy King - Yonkers Tribune

Tarrytown, NY, September 13, 2010 -- On September 6, 2010, as most of us were celebrating Labor Day by not working, Anthony Ruggerio, a DPW worker from Tarrytown, and John Kelly, a volunteer firefighter, also from Tarrytown, lost their lives in what can only be described as a series of unfortunate events. In the days following this tragedy, there have been countless discussions about this incident in the form of rumors, innuendo, and criticism, and of course our old friend, finger pointing blame.

http://yonkerstribune.typepad.com/yonkers_tribune/2010/09/analysis-accidents-do-happen-by-nancy-king.html

Thanks for posting this.... Very well written article.

I'm glad that this is being brought to light, everyone knew what that "press conference" was about...and it was flat out disrespectful(for lack of a stronger word of disgust) to set up your legal defense/deflect blame in public, before they were even buried. If the village wants to keep the media away from bothering TFD/families, use the police, not ill-timed press conferences. Did anyone see Blau at the services? I didn't, and I couldn't imagine him in the same building as 500 emergency workers so soon after that debacle.

Thank you for finding and sharing this article. RIP

I'm glad that this is being brought to light, everyone knew what that "press conference" was about...and it was flat out disrespectful(for lack of a stronger word of disgust) to set up your legal defense/deflect blame in public, before they were even buried. If the village wants to keep the media away from bothering TFD/families, use the police, not ill-timed press conferences. Did anyone see Blau at the services? I didn't, and I couldn't imagine him in the same building as 500 emergency workers so soon after that debacle.

Really great article. Very much to the point and it stated what a lot of us in Tarrytown feel right now. e all know that the CYA game would be played but 1. Have some respect and let the investigations take place and let the burials happen. Give people time to grieve. 2. And even more relevant Mr. Blau gave uall FD members a "team player" letter and speech last year pertaining to the new firetrucks etc etc. Some team player..........................

This was a well written article. Mr.Bleau was distanceing the Village from the incident but when all is said and done its the Village of Tarrytown that will be held responsible for the incident.

All parties were acting under the umbrella of either the village hiway or as village firefighters.Finger pointing at this early stage of the investigation only causes more friction. Mr Bleau's timeing of the press confrence left a lot to be desired. The firefighters and the Village needed time to mourn---there will be pleanty of time to find out what really happened and how it happened.

Let the wounds heal. Tarrytown lost 2 firefighters. and I knew both of them pretty well.