Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efdcapt115

House Passes 9/11 Health Care Bill

9 posts in this topic

September 29, 2010, 3:46 PM

House Passes 9/11 Health Care Bill

By RAYMOND HERNANDEZ

The House on Wednesday approved legislation to provide billions of dollars for medical treatment to rescue workers and residents of New York City who suffered illnesses from breathing in toxic fumes, dust and smoke at ground zero.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/09/29/911-health-care-bill-passes/

I think the passage of this bill was the right thing to do. Remember those who did not support this bill at election time.

As a registered republican of 34 years, it saddens me to point out that almost every republican member of congress voted against providing for the health needs for those of us who did the right thing on September 11th, 2001 as well as for the months following the worst ever terrorist attack on American soil. The republican party is showing itself to be the party of the ultra rich. They are concerned only with insuring extreme wealth for an elite group. For the middle class: they want to destroy unions and compensate us all like WalMart employees ... minimum wage and little or no benefits. Should I mention that republican Christie Todd Whitman was the head of the E.P.A. at the time and repeatedly declared the air to be "safe" around Ground Zero?

efdcapt115 likes this

I can certainly understand why people don't support the Democrats, but BadBox just nailed why it baffles me as to how people in our professions can support Republicans. Third parties are viable, especially in local elections.

I can certainly understand why people don't support the Democrats, but BadBox just nailed why it baffles me as to how people in our professions can support Republicans. Third parties are viable, especially in local elections.

Totally agree. Do not know how any public safety official can support the Republican party. This is a prime example of how they just do not care. It is a total disgrace. I hope this becomes well known before the elections that the republicans did not support this bill.

Take a look at some of the anti first responder comments made by FOX NEWS viewers on their website:

My link

It shows that all of the rhetoric put forth by Limbaugh, Beck & Hannity as well as ultra wealthy republican politicans is having its desired effect. These mouth pieces are convincing the middle class that civil servants and unions have destroyed the American economy and that we should lose our pensions and benefits. Of course this comes from the mouths of people who are paid yearly more than I could spend in two lifetimes ...

efdcapt115 likes this

Take a look at some of the anti first responder comments made by FOX NEWS viewers on their website:

My link

It shows that all of the rhetoric put forth by Limbaugh, Beck & Hannity as well as ultra wealthy republican politicans is having its desired effect. These mouth pieces are convincing the middle class that civil servants and unions have destroyed the American economy and that we should lose our pensions and benefits. Of course this comes from the mouths of people who are paid yearly more than I could spend in two lifetimes ...

I hope this is a wake up call for all those firefighters who are Republican voters. When they strip your pension and benefits and break down the union you should be very proud. As for all the first responders that helped out at Ground Zero, god bless you all, and thank you for your service.