Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trauma74

Stat Flight/LifeNet/LifeGuard Mobile Radios

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what kind/brand of radio that the local medivac (LifeNet/Stat Flight & NYSP LifeGuard)use in the choppers? I know that different areas and different agencies use multiple different frequency bands with and without PL/DPL tones. Just trying to find out what they use. Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty sure that LifeNet uses Wulfsberg Radios. They're programmable and can have frequencies and PL/DPL changed as necessary.

I'll have to find out about the state police.

I'm pretty sure that LifeNet uses Wulfsberg Radios. They're programmable and can have frequencies and PL/DPL changed as necessary.

I'll have to find out about the state police.

Chris,

Thanks for the info on LifeNet......I had heard many years ago that they used a Wulfsberg Radio, I have been trying to find info on this radio and have had no luck......

Chris,

Thanks for the info on LifeNet......I had heard many years ago that they used a Wulfsberg Radio, I have been trying to find info on this radio and have had no luck......

http://www.wulfsberg.com/Flexcomm_Products.htm

When I was flying with STAT, we used an older model of this radio.

The newer models are fully user programable. As in, you get dispatch to Loony Tunes FD in Disney County for one call and they operate on 453.800 with a PL of 121.0, you simply punch those numbers in and you operating on their frequency.

Enroute to the Mickey Mouse Shock Trauma Catholic Memorial Regional Holy Medical Center you need to talk to them on 155.340 with a PL of 136.00, you simply punch in their info. Takes a little bit of training, but even the nurses were able to figure it out! You also have up to 200 presets available to you.

You can pick how many bands you want to be able to talk on and buy that radio. We didn't have LOW band VHF capabilities in NH because no one uses those frequencies any longer up here.

Expensive, but well worth it, especially for flight programs that end up in three or four states routinely, as STAT and later when I flew with DHART did.