Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Empire State College Course To Credit Conversion

4 posts in this topic

I've heard that Empire State College will convert a lot of your fire and EMS courses into credits. Is this actually true, and how does it work?

Are their other online universities that have proven they do this?

Thanks for any help!

Seth

There's some info here at the OFPC site.

I have some paperwork at home (somewhere) from Corning & Empire State that outlines the number of credits per course. I will try to find it and share it here.

I've heard that Empire State College will convert a lot of your fire and EMS courses into credits. Is this actually true, and how does it work?

Generally: http://www.esc.edu/ESConline/Across_ESC/cdl/cdl.nsf/15426921122a6c4e85256c05006d8129/d1bcef02f9a3b31785256d0f006515d4?OpenDocument#specificCBE

More Specifically:

http://www.esc.edu/esconline/across_esc/assessment.nsf/wholeshortlinks2/Generic+Evaluations?opendocument

You are assigned a Mentor who helps you organize your Credit by Evaluation.

Afterward you work with the Mentor to design the degree program.

FYI: Corning CC will no longer offer the A.O.S. in Fire Protection Technology as well as credit conversions. This degree program is very popular for students in the finger lake region, where Corning is located. Myself, along with a large number of other students were broken the bad news over the summer. According to school officials, they will restructure the program into a A.S. Fire Science degree, requiring general academic studies along with NYS classes to fulfill the degree. Unfortunately until they bring the program back, many people have been left in the dust.