Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr. Zuki

Third Watch Cancelled!

9 posts in this topic

Sorry to have read this in their IMDB.COM message baord, but after the remaining 5 episodes beginning April 8th, Third Watch will not return. And the ratings always were high for their time slot. Wonder what happened??

How will the show end????????i

THE WATCHWORD IS... AXED: It's official: Third Watch is calling it a night. After six seasons, NBC has reportedly pulled the plug on John Wells' mostly cop drama. Currently on hiatus to make room for Law & Order: Trial by Jury, Third Watch is expected to return to the schedule as early as next month with its final batch of episodes.
- TV Guide Online

This sucks. Admittedly, the writing has waned a bit this season after losing the Bosco/Yokas and Davis/Sully dynamics, but to yank a relatively good show to make room for the stupidest Law and Order to ever come out or to see yet another hour of television that makes me want to shake the sense into Donald Trump and have him fire his barber instead of the poor schmucks on his show, is absolutely ridiculous. NYPD Blue had a writing slump for like 5 years and yet it just ended its run with a critically acclaimed finale that left me going "that's it?" at the end of the final scene. More and more, good television shows are being cancelled to make room for reality TV shows, which in my mind, are reflective of how unintelligent American culture has become. Now I know why they call the TV the "idiot box."

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- It's official -- NBC's "Third Watch" will not be returning for a seventh season.

The network has opted not to bring back the Warner Bros. TV/John Wells Prods. drama about cops, paramedics and firefighters serving the graveyard shift in New York.

The Peabody-winning "Third Watch," on hiatus to make room for midseason entry "Law & Order: Trial by Jury," will return with the remainder of its sixth season, ending its run with a series finale.

mabe another channel will pick it up, several shows have switched channels before.....

I give it 9 months, and TNT puts reruns on during the day to accompany Law and Order, Judging Amy, and NYPD Blue

A&E reruns it now at 11am daily....

A&E reruns it now at 11am daily....

With the same episode re-run at 5pm daily, so if you work during the day, you can catch it by the time you get home.

To be honest....I thought the show stunk,,,not too realastic...especially compared to law and order...

Some of the elements to the show weren't that realistic, but it showed different police elements from that of L&O. L&O showed the detectives investigating a case and dealing with problems after the fact. Third Watch showed what it was like to be a street cop, "solving problems," as Sully put it, and personified what it's like to be a uniformed officer of the NYPD. Third Watch also had some of the best musical scores on TV.

As far as how the show will end, I think Bosco and Sully are going to retire, Yokas will probably continue on as a detective and share custody of her kids with Fred, Davis will probably continue on as a uniformed officer and be to Finney what Sully was to him, Monroe will probably go out on maternity leave, and from the way it looks, I think Cruz will either retire on a medical or she may even die from what I think might be HIV.