Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
61MACKBR1

New Mount Vernon Foam Truck 1

20 posts in this topic

Great Addition to the Mount Vernon FD Fleet. Given the amount the situation down in "Oil City" the reinstatement of MVFD Foam 1 is sorely needed (Can anyone remember the Old MVFD Foam Unit - 1967 MACK B? -

http://nycfire.net/messar/gallery/apparatus/foam

This new unit is a major upgrade, don't you think? ANY IDEAS WHERE MVFD will house this unit? (Down with Rescue 1, Ladder 3 and Engine 5 where the Original Foam Unit was housed or somewhere else??). AND are there plans by MVFD to repaint and letter this New MVFD Foam 1 Rig, the Traditional RED with White Lettering ??? Finally, what COUNTY Designation will this new rig be called ??? (I believe Yonkers has a Foam Unit located out at Station 13, but am not sure what they call that (County Designation?)

Anyone know who is going to be manning the unit, will it be the Engine manpower or the Rescue manpower?

Y3 - the rig you show is a C type. Probably converted to Foam 1 from either former E1 or 2 considering they were the last C types in the department. Through the seventies and into the eighties engines 3, 4, and 6 were CF's and 5 was a B type. Back then Reserve engine was old E6 a '47 A type and Foam 1 was a B type.

Ahhhhh, those were the dayzzz :sad:

I saw the new foam unit at the training center last night. That's going to look sweet running the streets in MV! Great move getting that rig for Foam 1.

=D>=D>=D>=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

=D> =D> =D> Way to go FDMV ! ! ! =D> =D> =D>

=D>=D>=D>=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Maybe E3 was a C type too. It's all a haze anyway.... :bong: A purple haze......

Anyone know who is going to be manning the unit, will it be the Engine manpower or the Rescue manpower?

I don't know who will be manning it, but I know who will be dispatching it! :D

Through the seventies and into the eighties engines 3, 4, and 6 were CF's  

Engine 3 was a C type. Confirmed by mind melding with KEE404

A little more on the history of FDMV's Foam Truck...

The original Foam 1 was an open-cab Seagrave rig, circa 1951. It remained in service until the late 80's, when it was replaced by the old Engine 6. That rig was a '64 Mack ('68 maybe?) - a Thermodyne Diesel engine unit. That rig now reside somewhere in the Dominican Republic!

If I can find a photo of the Seagrave unit, I'll post it. Chief HAC, are you out there with a photo for these guys?

In the past, the Foam truck was housed at Station #2 on S. Fulton Ave. When it was assigned to a box, it was manned by the Engine 5 crew. If E-5 was out, the next available company would go and get it. I don't know as fact if the new one will be similarly manned, but I would imagine it would be.

Happy Easter to all!

That rig was a '64 Mack ('68 maybe?)

'spatcher 4 - If that was E6 from our day it was a '68 Mack CF.

Doug,

Caught my first look today and gotta say it did look sweet driving down Gramatan Ave this morning. 8)

Does anyone have any Photos of the New Mount Vernon FD Foam Truck (with MVFD Lettering on it) to share with us?

If we're talking about the same rig...(The old airport foam unit) It is still sitting up at the training center, green and un-lettered.

If we're talking about the same rig...(The old airport foam unit) It is still sitting up at the training center, green and un-lettered.

You are incorrect, wrong, misinformed.

The correct answer or post is "It was picked up by Mt.Vernon on Sunday. " This is why it was spoted in Mt.Vernon on Sunday. Probably a good idea to read the posts before you post one. Hey, don't you work up there ? ](*,) Take a look out back.

WAKE UP!!!!

It left Sunday morning!!! I wish I could have seen it barreling down the Hutch.....that's gotta be a hell of a sight!

Again, does anyone have any photos of the New MVFD Foam Unit, with all of the MVFD Lettering Completed on the Rig to post here? Much thanks and appreciation in advance

R3,

Those photos can be posted b/c they don't exist yet....aka it needs a paint job. lol

Oh yea btw...It's FDMV.

Chris,

That's why you need to carry your camera with you at all times...

Dig around and find out if they're lettering it.

I'd have loved to see that cruising down the "Avenue."

WAKE UP!!!!

It left Sunday morning!!! I wish I could have seen it barreling down the Hutch.....that's gotta be a hell of a sight!

Just goes to show you how observant I am!!!! (Besides, gotta stay awake at work, I save the sleep for the ride in! J/K)

60 control to Peekskill and Larchmont respond.....

WOW that must be some call Peekskill and Larchmont!!! LOL

Peekskill and Larchmont? Right right. You know we do have the same tones in Larchmont as they have for house alerts? Ocnec in a while it comes through from them and sets off the pagers in Larchmont. Never can hear speech though.