Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

"Wreck Chasers" On Discovery

8 posts in this topic

This show premiered last night on Discovery.

What a disgrace to the towing industry! It is also amazing Philadelphia lets these tow companies behave the way they do (predatory towing) and don't have a tow rotation list apparently.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/wreck-chasers/

It ruins all the positve light the O'Hare Towing/Wrecked shined on the towing industry. This just enhances the viewers perception of the industry.

And I know Philly gets big bucks for it, but I can not believe they let their parking authority be aired on TV...they are the most unproffesional people and given how much the people of Philadelpia hates them, why do they allow this?

I was not very impressed. I watched about 10 minutes of it, not knowing what the "objective" of the show was. I turned it off I was disgusted. I'll stick to Dirty Jobs and Storm Chasers

Hey Seth.....what happened to "Wrecked ?" I kinda enjoyed the show.

Hey Seth.....what happened to "Wrecked ?" I kinda enjoyed the show.

SPEED (and Nat Geo) are owned by Fox, who really doesn't care about anything then a quick buck. There are numerous parties involved that would all have to come to an agreement for Season 3 (networks, production ...companies, O'Hare, etc), and the ratings, and more importantly, money, has to be there. I hope it does get picked up, based on the popularity of Ice Road Truckers and similar shows but I doubt it would be O'Hare. I just don't know if it's not being marketed, or maybe O'Hare just simply doesn't want to do it anymore as it did add a lot more work for the staff having to do their job and all the time it took to film. It is a large burden on their operation, and puts a shining light on them in front of their competition, which is fierce in Chicago. O'Hare has succeeded in what they set out to do.....promote the image of the towing and recovery industry and show the dangers of the job.

The show is disgusting. If you go to the discovery site and watch the videos click on the "Time for a Raise" this is a horrible picture of the towing industry. I would be embarrassed if I was a tow truck operator. :(

Caught about 3 minutes of this show the other night when I was in the firehouse. We all agreed it was GARBAGE!!! Besides, it reminds me of my P.O.S. Brother in law who operates a few of these "Chaser Trucks" in The Bronx............... :angry:

I just watched the clips online.... unbelievable.

I am trying to get my tow endorsement and get a side job in the tow truck industry. If things up here operated anywhere near those conditions I would look into another line of work. Also if I was a resident of Phili, I wouldnt let any of these low lifes near my car.