Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
27east

hawthorne MVA

23 posts in this topic

who is the ALS provider from for this area?

Mt. Pleasant Medics (37M1, 37M2). They are contracted out through Transcare.

are they based out of WC Medical Center?

thanks

Here's the low-down of what I know - 37M1 operates 24 hrs a day. 37M2 operates from 0700-1900. Then, 87B1 turns to 87A1, (Grasslands Ambulance).

The areas that Mt. Pleasant Medics cover include Valhalla, Hawthorne, Thornwood, Pleasantville, Sleepy Hollow, and the Grasslands Campus. 37M2 is supposed to be 1st due to Sleepy Hollow and the Grasslands campus from 0700-1900, and I believe that unit is "quartered" at WMC. 37M1 Covers the other areas 1st due, and of course they back each other up. I believe 37M1's home post is MPPD HQ, but I'm not 100% on that. At night, the back-up for 37M1 is 87A1. 87A1/87B1 are also 1st due Mutual Aid EMS to the City of White Plains. This is because of the Transcare Contract.

***87B1/87A1/37M2 ALSO COVER WESTHAB IN ELMSFORD, AND THE SHELTER AT THE COUNTY AIRPORT, AS THESE ARE COUNTY PROPERTIES.

The Mt Pleasant medic also covers the North White Plains section of North Castle.

The "37 Medics" also cover the Unincorparated areas of the Briarcliff EMS coverage area in the Town of Mt. Pleasant (Archville/Caralton ave area/Chapaqua Rd)

I guess I forgot about them. Thanks for filling in the blanks guys!

I'm guessing that 87B1/87A1 is a Transcare bus marked for Grasslands/WMC??

They are transcare rigs, but their are no special markings. All I know is that the ambulance is numbered 320.

Transcare has a special rig for HVHC now with the hospital logo on the side. And it's BLUE.

The New Rochelle rigs (30A1, 30A2) also have special markings for Soundshore Hospital. I have heard rumors though that they will be replaced with new "mini-mods" which will be painted similar to the NR fire apparatus. (I'm guessing white over red)

I thought 87B1/87A1 were also stat flight ambulances? :-k :-k ](*,) ](*,)

The STAT-Flight ambulance (the last unit actually staffed by WMC employees) is a seperate designation. (Not sure what the is, but internally I think it is called Ground-1). Who dispatches them now I wonder?

My guess it should be lifecom the same people who dispatch the birds i think there in some place in up-state NY i bet ground1 is going to get alot of use today with this weather :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

also

i got a question for you. i heard this ambulance in the backround could this be ground1 and how come i can hear greenwich like i'm useing the HEAR radio is tihs ground 1 or 87B1/87A1 :-k :-k :-k

STAT Flight gets dispatched from somewhere out West, not Upstate NY.

ok but aren't there contrated by trancare :-k :-k

Last i knew, and unless this has changed in the past 4 months or so, they are a private company based out west that provides air transport. They do both emergency response as well as basic transports between hospitals.

The stat flight ambulances (90A1, A2) are in fact transcare rigs. I believe that Transcare provides the driver and the crew is the usual STAT crew. I will get a definate answer on that before the night is up.

Also - Maybe a moderator could move this to a more appropriate topic. Afterall, this is still on the Hawthorne MVA discussion!

the Mt. Pleasant Medics, I'm guessing it is a Town of MP program?

right - through transcare

The stat flight ambulances (90A1, A2) are in fact transcare rigs. I believe that Transcare provides the driver and the crew is the usual STAT crew. I will get a definate answer on that before the night is up.

I found out from a reliable source, that this is how they work. Sometimes, depending on staffing, Transcare will provide the medic as well.