Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Westchester County Communications Questions

4 posts in this topic

I'ts been a while since I have been to Westchester County PD Headquarters in Hawthorne (2000 was the last time I think), but I've got some questions.

What is the staffing of WCPD Communications now? Has the room been completly renovated, modernized, or expanded? Is their a new CAD (not ALECS) that has been put in use?

Also, regarding 60 Control:

I know for a while it was talked about that County PD Communications and 60 Control would share a building on the Grasslands Reservation. I take it this proposal is still stuck in limbo?

Also, 60 Control's facilities have been outgrown since I worked there......and as of 2006-ish there was supposedly a committee looking into expansion or renovation. I can only imagine what it's like now with the increased call volume, agencies, and equipment. Have they expanded their facilities? I know many upgrades were made, and some space was freed up by the apparatus storage/warehouse facility.

Don't forget I'm down here in Texas and haven't been to NY in over two years, so I'm kinda out of the loop, lol.

Seth

As far as the PD goes we have a great room now very up to date as compared to the old room. Nice work stations with our own heat and air they are irgonomicly correct you can adjust the station to a specific height if you desire it's really nice.

Alecs is long gone now. It may have been outdated but was very user friendly lol. We now have Vcad and Impact. Hope that answers your questions as far as the room. Anything merger wise WE don't know a thing there are many rumors around but I don't believe anything till it happens

Minimum staffing is the same, 3 on days and evenings and 2 on the midnight.

Just FYI

Glad to see that staffing hasn't changed in the 35 years since I used to dispatch there.