Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

FDNY EMS Civil Service List Number

13 posts in this topic

So I just received my list number from the Emt civil service exam and I'm number 1785 "/. Does anyone know how long it could take before they reach my number I'm really anxious to get into the academy already.

I received number 667 on the list. I am going to my agility test on 12/04, and my background "in-take" on Monday 12/13. If they are up to me now, I wouldn't expect it to be that long until you get called to test. Good luck with the process!

I received number 667 on the list. I am going to my agility test on 12/04, and my background "in-take" on Monday 12/13. If they are up to me now, I wouldn't expect it to be that long until you get called to test. Good luck with the process!

Hey there, when did you get your result and after how long did you get called? I just got mine TODAY and would have no idea when I will get that call...I am in the 14xx range. Would you mind sharing your average scores that you received in the mail?

Thanks in advance and good luck!

The list only came out a few days ago, and people who are already on the job are on that list including myself. I've been on for a year and a half and I'm number 87 on the list. If you're on the job you get called down to metrotech at some point and they appoint you to civil service status. If you took the exam prior to being hired, you get civil service status when you're hired. The department is court ordered to currently make every position civil service. So starting next year the way you get hired will be off the civil service list, whereas now it was by calling the FDNY and submitting your info.

The list only came out a few days ago, and people who are already on the job are on that list including myself. I've been on for a year and a half and I'm number 87 on the list. If you're on the job you get called down to metrotech at some point and they appoint you to civil service status. If you took the exam prior to being hired, you get civil service status when you're hired. The department is court ordered to currently make every position civil service. So starting next year the way you get hired will be off the civil service list, whereas now it was by calling the FDNY and submitting your info.

Hey there Matt, thanks for the info. Would you have any idea what around list number is being contacted right now? Also your info says you are a volunteer firefighter, would you mind sharing which organization do you volunteer for? just out of curiosity...thanks.

Just contacted the NYC DCAS for some more info and the rep told me as of now I should be expecting a contact from the FDNY for some investigations or something and I should be contacted from now til February. Anyone have any intake on this?

I got mine today and I'm # 1660. This is the only letter i've gotten from the city so far, nothing else. My average was a 70.

How are they hiring? from the Civil Service list last july? or are they still hiring from the phone list?

Hey there, when did you get your result and after how long did you get called? I just got mine TODAY and would have no idea when I will get that call...I am in the 14xx range. Would you mind sharing your average scores that you received in the mail?

Thanks in advance and good luck!

I submitted my info this summer from the "test". I only got a 75 because I am not in the NYC EMS system. My agility exam info actually came a few days before my placement number arrived, which was just a couple days ago.

How are they hiring? from the Civil Service list last july? or are they still hiring from the phone list?

I actually just called them last Friday to update my information after I passed my state exam. They told me that they are only processing/hiring off the civil service list at this time, but with what prucha25 has said, I believe they are strictly hiring civil service from now on. The next exam should be the first quarter of 2011 and keep your eye out on DCAS come December.

Thanks a million guys really appreciate it. I totally forgot about this post lol.

Wow there really flying by. I hope they keep it up. Good luck bro. If you can inform me what happens next after you completed the agility and background check I'd really appreciate it. Good luck!