Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBJ1202

December 4th, 1980 - Stouffer's Inn Fire

4 posts in this topic

Today marks the 30th Anniversary of the Stouffer's Inn Fire in Purchase, NY. A tragic day where 26 people lost their lives and dozens more were injured. It was a suspicious fire in which nobody was ever brought to justice. I have grown up hearing stories from our life members who were at this deadly fire. The details of the blaze are still fresh in their minds to this day. Better known today as the Renaissance Hotel, you would never know it was the site where 26 men and woman died while attending business conferences.

I thought I would share a recent article on Lohud.com about one mans recollection of the event.

Thirty years after Stouffer's: Was justice served?

JBJ

With Gullivers [24 Dead ] still very fresh in our minds and then Stouffers [26 dead] six years later, my company [ Rescue 40 PCFD] with quite a few fire fatalities in other fires in Port Chester, we had dealt with over 70 dead in a very short time, talk about on the job training.

With Gullivers [24 Dead ] still very fresh in our minds and then Stouffers [26 dead] six years later, my company [ Rescue 40 PCFD] with quite a few fire fatalities in other fires in Port Chester, we had dealt with over 70 dead in a very short time, talk about on the job training.

Ang, was'nt the Capitol Hotel 38 yrs ago this week ? 6 perished if correct, followed by the fatal on Midland ave a few weeks later ?

Ang, was'nt the Capitol Hotel 38 yrs ago this week ? 6 perished if correct, followed by the fatal on Midland ave a few weeks later ?

Dec 30th 1972. with the first Tower 2 being driven by the salesmen as it had just came into town a few hours before. It made 10 grabs before being overloaded at about 70ft!