Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveOFD

Assistance to Firefighter Grants 2010 round 2

4 posts in this topic

Congratulations to the following two Westchester FD's for awards from the Assistance to Firefighters Grants round 2 of 2010 (12/17/10):

Buchanan FD - $17,100 from the Operations & Safety catagory for Equipment.

Eastchester FD - $204,418 from the Operations & Safety catagory for Personal Protective Equipment.

Congrats Buchanan and really an exceptional award for Eastchester. Congratulations Brothers and Merry Christmas. My understanding is EFD is purchasing new SCBA. In this day and age it's more important than EVER to go after any grant money that may be available to your department. AFG is still out there, I think this is the eighth year for the program. If you get the award, you get the positive press, and get to play it up big in your community. Nothing more the taxpayers want to hear than they are getting money from their fire departments' efforts to offset costs. Every department should still be applying for AFGs!

I congratulate the two departments on being awarded the grants. The work that goes into applying for a grant can be daunting and dedicated people have to do a lot of leg work. The problem with grants is that it is arbitrary who receives the awards but mayors, city councils, and eventually the taxpayers try to rely on grants to fund needed equipment...