Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Photounit

Fire in the wall - Redout Rd. - Rombout Fire District- 1/15/11

5 posts in this topic

Rombout and Hughsonville worked to extinguish this fire in a residential structure on Redout Rd Saturday January 15,2011 that I believe was caused by a faulty chimney.

1158892140_vSWLx-X2-1.jpg

Hughsonville firefighters arrive on the scene and get their chimney fire gear together...... They were assigned the fireplace as Rombout Firefighters were busy above the fire.....

1158898866_qTxmS-X2-1.jpg

Firefighters get their saw ready as interior crews are busy trying to access the fire from the inside....

1158897945_tgSWB-X2.jpg

Given the word from the interior command, the roof crew makes a cut around the chimney..... It was cold..... So cold the saw mans face shield kept fogging up and he could no longer see....

1158892737_ULRNV-X2-1.jpg

Rombout Asst. Chief Wes Hall gets some one-on-one feedback from the roof crew.....

1158923862_FjgL6-X2.jpg

Brrrrrrr......

1158892836_SZXTn-X2-1.jpg

Crews opened up the entire run of the Chimney to check for/and extinguish any extension.

1158892927_skdh6-X2-1.jpg

Hughsonville works the area around the fireplace....

1158892584_iJtLL-X2-1.jpg

A Rombout Firefighter gets his chain saw ready for some interior cuts in the floor and wall on the second floor.....

1158897648_Jdy4T-X2-1.jpg

With the floor and wall on the second floor open, the smoke picked up on the second floor interior..... Firefighter now had

completely exposed and subsequently contained the fire and limited the damage....

x635, CLM92982 and Alpinerunner like this

Very nice shots Bill. Awesome stop my the Rombout Hughsonville FD.

Very nice pics. I'm diggin the flag on back of the Rescue, very cool.

Awesome shots! It is really nice to see all members wearing SCBA's when omn the roof or inside even with the light or non existent smoke condition. Looks like a real nice stop.