Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest PabloGem

9-11 10th Anniversary Mustang rally

11 posts in this topic

My name is Paul Gemellaro and I am organizing a cross country Mustang tribute rally to remember those first responders murdered in the 9-11 terrorist attacks. We plan to pay our respects at all 3 of the attack sites. We will meet in Las Vegas around 9-1-11 and travel east across America via the old Lincoln Highway. Right now I have about 12 cars interested and expect to have alot more as I get the word out.

I was hoping to get some help from the NYFD as to a possible tribute location in New York. I know NYC will be very crowded and thought maybe somewhere outside the city might be appropriate. I own a small machine shop and would like to make and donate a tribute plaque commemerating the 10th anniversary of the attacks.

I am not a firefighter and found this site originally while doing research on a friend of my fathers who was a volunteer captain with the Westchester FD in the 60's.

Thanks for your help !!

Please move this thread if its in the wrong place

Edited by PabloGem

A good place to head to might be the Brooklyn Wall of Remembrance. It's out in Coney Island. There'll be parking, and more than likely some kind of ceremony on 9/11. You should probably avoid Manhattan on the 11th; I don't say this for certain, just a suggestion, but if you end up getting 50 cars or something to accompany you, it might be better to head someplace like Coney Island. There are members here that can help you out much more. Shoot me a PM if you want additional help, I can recommend who you can talk to.

Best of luck with your adventure for a good cause.

Thank you sir for your advice. Up until now i have been totally lost trying to figure out a place to pay tribute in NYC. Your suggestion is a great place to start !

Thank you sir for your advice. Up until now i have been totally lost trying to figure out a place to pay tribute in NYC. Your suggestion is a great place to start !

No problem bro. My name is George, there are no sirs here. lol

Like I said, send me a Private Message when you're ready, and I can direct you to some other people who can help you.

No problem bro. My name is George, there are no sirs here. lol

Like I said, send me a Private Message when you're ready, and I can direct you to some other people who can help you.

Thanks George I will be in touch

Just heard from Paul. He's got his website up for the Mustang enthusiasts from the West Coast who will be crossing the country in rally fashion, starting in Las Vegas and ending in Brooklyn at the Wall of Remembrance, in Coney Island on 9/10/11. What a cool tribute to our 9/11 heroes:

http://mustangtributerun911.com/

He and I have been staying in touch since his first post here. He's a very nice guy!

More information to follow.

Thanks George !

I just received an email from one of the participants in the rally. His son is serving in Afghanistan at a forward deployed fire base. Scott his son will be sending me an American flag that was flown over his units base. I will be briniging the flag to New York and would like to present it to the New York Fire Dept as part of our thanks to you folks.

http://www.mustangtributerun911.com/

efdcapt115 likes this

I have this event listed on the following forums now:

Mustangs Across America

Black Mustang Club

Team Shelby

Shelby Nation

Modded Mustangs

Stang Nation

Facebook

Hopefully this will get the word out and increase our turnout. Right now we have about 20 cars interested in joining us for parts of the trip

efdcapt115 likes this

-Bump Thread-

post-20260-0-22565400-1305929503.jpg