Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Flood Watch --- More Heavy Rain Coming......

11 posts in this topic

Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...FLOOD WATCH NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE UPTON NY 328 PM EST THU MAR 31 2005

... A FLOOD WATCH HAS BEEN ISSUED IN EFFECT FROM LATE FRIDAY NIGHT TO SUNDAY MORNING FOR THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES...  

IN NEW YORK... ORANGE... PUTNAM... NORTHERN WESTCHESTER... ROCKLAND... SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER... NORTHWEST SUFFOLK... BRONX... NEW YORK (MANHATTAN)... KINGS (BROOKLYN)... RICHMOND (STATEN IS.)... NORTHEAST SUFFOLK... SOUTHEAST SUFFOLK... NASSAU... SOUTHWEST SUFFOLK AND QUEENS.

IN NEW JERSEY... HUDSON... BERGEN... EASTERN PASSAIC... ESSEX... UNION AND WESTERN PASSAIC.

IN CONNECTICUT... NORTHERN FAIRFIELD... NORTHERN MIDDLESEX... NORTHERN NEW HAVEN... SOUTHERN NEW LONDON... SOUTHERN NEW HAVEN... SOUTHERN MIDDLESEX... SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD AND NORTHERN NEW LONDON.

A MAJOR RAINFALL EVENT IS EXPECTED TO UNFOLD ACROSS THE TRI-STATE AREA FROM LATE FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SUNDAY MORNING.  

THE STORM SYSTEM FORECAST TO IMPACT THE AREA WITH THIS HEAVY RAINFALL IS BEGINNING TO TAKE SHAPE OVER THE WESTERN GULF OF MEXICO THIS EVENING. THE ASSOCIATED SURFACE LOW WILL BEGIN TO LIFT NORTHEAST THIS EVENING

... TRACKING ACROSS THE DEEP SOUTH OVERNIGHT AND INTO THE TENNESSEE VALLEY BY FRIDAY AFTERNOON. FROM THERE

... THE LOW TRACKS UP INTO THE MID ATLANTIC STATES FRIDAY NIGHT... THEN SLOWLY PROCEEDS NORTHWARD TOWARD THE TRI-STATE AREA ON SATURDAY.  

A LARGE AREA OF RAIN WILL ARRIVE FRIDAY NIGHT... AND CONTINUE HEAVY AT TIMES THROUGHOUT THE DAY ON SATURDAY. THERE IS EVEN THE POTENTIAL FOR THUNDERSTORMS... ESPECIALLY SATURDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING AS THE WARM FRONT LIFTS ACROSS THE AREA.  

A WIDESPREAD 2 TO 3 INCHES OF RAINFALL CAN BE EXPECTED BY THE TIME THE EVENT COMES TO AN END SUNDAY MORNING...

WITH LOCALIZED AMOUNTS UP TO 4 INCHES IN THE HILLS NORTH AND WEST OF NEW YORK CITY AND IN AREAS OF HEAVY RAIN GENERATED BY THUNDERSTORMS.

DUE TO THE HEAVY RAINFALL EARLIER IN THE WEEK... MANY RIVERS AND STREAMS ARE NEAR BANKFULL AND IF THE FORECAST RAINFALL AMOUNTS MATERIALIZE... FLOODING WILL BECOME IMMINENT. IN ADDITION... URBAN AND POOR DRAINAGE AREAS WILL BE SUSCEPTIBLE TO FLOODING.  

A FLOOD WATCH MEANS THAT FLOODING OF STREAMS... CREEKS AND OTHER DRAINAGE AREAS IS POSSIBLE WITHIN THE WATCH AREA. PEOPLE IN THE WATCH AREA SHOULD KEEP AN EYE ON THE WEATHER AND BE PREPARED FOR IMMEDIATE ACTION SHOULD HEAVY RAINS AND FLOODING OCCUR OR A FLOOD WARNING BE ISSUED....

Just Think if this was snow... 2-3' :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

And I am going camping this weekend in Newburgh. Should I bring my oars?

I look at the long range forcast.. Did you really think I wasn't in because of her?

Chicken! Afraid of a little rain? All you need is your basic survival gear an umbrella, goulashes and Coors Light!

Maybe Mahopac Falls will let you use their Hoover Craft to get home, all those officers far away- oh what will we do??

At least your closer to home than the guys who went to Bristol TN [-( [-( [-( [-( [-(

Well, how was it? Sitting in the rain?

We survived!!! Had a good time cause I made sure I brought my swimmies and rubber duckie.

ya you had a fun time singing in the rain with you rubber duckie