Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FDNY 10-75

New - 2011 REMO ALS/BLS Protocols

6 posts in this topic

Good to see a region adopting the new AHA guidelines so quickly (well, most of them anyway). Does REMO not carry Valium anymore?

I'm amazed that they have removed D50 and added D10. Administering 250cc of fluid to a diabetic seems to be something that could take a long time. The justification was to reduce errors. Is my assumption correct that this is to reduce Dextrose pushed through a non-patient IV line? If so, is the issue really the D50 or the provider not properly insuring a patent IV site prior to medication administration?

Versed is still carried, but they did away with Valium to reduce the number of controlled substances carried.

The reason for the D50 to D10 change is a drug shortage (apparently). I havent seen a box of D50 in months, we just cant get it up here. Were short on a lot of drugs up here.

Versed is still carried, but they did away with Valium to reduce the number of controlled substances carried.

The reason for the D50 to D10 change is a drug shortage (apparently). I havent seen a box of D50 in months, we just cant get it up here. Were short on a lot of drugs up here.

Gotcha. The drug shortages are causing havoc down here too.

It's important to note that these protocols will be in place not only in the REMO region, but also AAREMS and the Mountain Lakes REMSCO. This is an important step towards collaborative state wide protocols.