Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
27east

Agencies Dispatched On 33.96?

20 posts in this topic

hello all-

I'm hoping someone can clear this up for me: are Eastchester, Pelham Manor, Pelham, Greenville, Hartsdale and Scarsdale dispatched off 33.96? Also, Fairview dispatches in-house, then over 33.96, right?

thanks

Eastchester has their own frequencies, however, during the recent rainstorm they were also being toned out over 33.96.

Pelham is toned out over 33.96, then they switch to 46.06.

Pelham Manor is dispatched by the PD on 46.26. They tone out for volunteers on 33.96. (not through 60)

Greenville is toned out on 33.96 but the verbal transmission from 60 control can be heard on both 33.96 as well as 46.26.

Hartsdale is dispatched on their own on 46.26 I believe. (not through 60)

I dont know the frequency, but Scarsdale is dispatched on the same channel that their PD and DPW use i believe. (Not through 60)

Fairview will tone out to the stations on 33.96 first, then about 20 to 30 seconds later will tone out again over 46.26. (not through 60)

Im pretty sure those are all correct, but please, people from the other departments fix if i am wrong.

Pelham is toned out over 33.96, then they switch to 46.06.

Not sure about pelham.. but New Rochelle tones on 33.96 ops on 46.06.

Many departments who's primary dispatch is over 33.96 also have a simulcast over 46.26.

I think Pelham is 33.96 (station alert), 46.26 (Pagers), 46.06 (Ops), all 60 Control. Scarsdale dispatches themselves on 154.10.

hello all-

I'm hoping someone can clear this up for me: are Eastchester, Pelham Manor, Pelham, Greenville, Hartsdale and Scarsdale dispatched off 33.96? Also, Fairview dispatches in-house, then over 33.96, right?

thanks

Eastchester is toned-out on a VHF-Hi. Communications and dispatch voice are done on UHF. This is done for both fire and EMS.

Pelham Manor is dispatched on their own using 33.96 and operates on 46.26.

Pelham is dispatched by 60 Control on 33.96 for Station alert and 46.26 for volunteers, then all operations are on 46.06.

Greenville and Fairview are dispatched on 33.96 and 46.26.

Hartsdale is on 46.26.

Scarsdale does their own dispatch on VHF-Hi.

Eastchester has their own frequencies, however, during the recent rainstorm they were also being toned out over 33.96.

interesting....I think I heard Eastchester on 33.96 to an MVA yesterday morning...not sure though...the scanner was running through pre-programed freqs (just got it)

thanks all for the responses

does anyone know what the dispatch freq is for FDMV?

Mt.Vernon F.D. - 154.145, 153.830, 153.770

they dispatch off all three freqs?

thanks

154.145 is dispatch.

I know I can't get the tone for Eastchester on 453.675, but will I still hear the voice dispatch from 60?

I know I can't get the tone for Eastchester on 453.675, but will I still hear the voice dispatch from 60?

Yes - tones are sent over the VHF, voice is simulcasted over UHF and VHF

The above is right, the simulcasting is done with just the voice dispatch, the tones are over the VHF. Just to clairfy everything in one post, Eastchester dispatch (fire and EMS) is done over the VHF frequency 154.34. Our operations are done over the UHF 453.675. Usually when there is a fire situation with the need for lots of people talking on fireground, the radios are switched to a talk-around on the UHF, so depending on where you are (mostly everywhere), you won't hear the fireground on an Eastchester Fire scene. The only people that will remain on the regular repeater UHF are the captains, chiefs, and EMS.

Just to answer a question that was posed before about hearing Eastchester on different frequencies sometimes, often (due to our borders) we are sent with other agencies to parkway jobs. So if there is something with a multi-agency response (examples: Mt. Vernon, New Rochelle, Scarsdale), 60 will patch the freqencies together so that we can talk to eachother. Often times, they will dispatch them together as well, so you will hear a set of tones for all the agencies, then the dispatch for everyone at the same time. So if you are hearing Eastchester on other frequencies, that may be the case...

i just programed 33.96 and i get mount kisco on it. i actauly hear 46.26 and then 33.96 rather then 33. and then 46.

I know they are dispatched twice (or at least it is repeated), and i usually get them both on 33.96. Im not sure if it is simulcasted on 46.26, but there is a strong possibility that that is the case.

MKFD is in fact simulcast on 33.96 and 46.26. You hear 33.96 after the 46.26 because they have a retransmitter atop the hospital (I think) that replays the call we just dispatched.

Nice gadget, but hard to find nowadays.

Remember,

I still hear them both on 33.96 though. Is there a possibility that it is simulcast the first time and then retoned on 33.96?

MKFD is toned out on both frequencies to activate the fire horn and repeater. There was some problem with doing both on 33.96 so they came up with this solution. I believe the horn activates on 46.26 and the repeater on Nortnern Westchester Hospital on 33.96

There's no "re-toning" - it is a retransmitter atop Northern Westchester Hospital that records the call being broadcast on 33.96 and 46.26, that replays it again on 33.96.