Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

NYC plans $3B transformation of waterfront

5 posts in this topic

NYC plans $3B transformation of waterfront

AP 1 hr 28 mins ago

NEW YORK – New York City is announcing a waterfront plan that calls for 50 new acres of parks and an expanded maritime industry that would make room for giant ships that are rarely seen on the East Coast.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_nyc_waterfront

his royal bloomturd has gone crazy, how about use the money to bring back the 5th man and not layoff cops and teachers, just a thought.... Put that money where it counts, I thank god I left working for NYC.

M' Ave, eric12401 and JBE like this

This is why Bloombug wants our pensions....how much will this nonsense go over budget. How many firehouses will be closed, EMS tours cut, and police officers not hired to cover the cost overruns. Bloomburg I'm still sicking needles in my voodoo doll.

JBE likes this

As much as I hate Bloomy most of the 3 billion is money already dedicated to cleaning up NYC's waterways. The cityi s regularly fined for water quality violations and has hundreds of millions more in penalties hanging over the city's head if they fail to "quickly" mediate many of the problems.

They've updated the article, making the excuse the plan is a neccesity because of sewage issues.

While I think this could possibly be a good investment one day in the future for the water quality issues, I have a problem with the statement by the Mayor's Office stating:

Aside from the water quality improvements, the first three years of the city's waterfront plan will be paid for by more than $700 million from the city's capital budget. The mayor's office says that money has already been set aside for the projects, and that spending cuts of 4 percent in most agencies and thousands of planned teacher layoffs won't slow the effort.