Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
res6cue

"FireWatch" 44-Control Live CAD

9 posts in this topic

After many months of hard work and planning, the Rockland County Sheriff's Communications Division is very pleased to introduce 44-Control's "FireWatch" Online CAD website. FireWatch is a real-time feed of fire incidents from 44-Control's Computer Aided Dispatch System.

http://www.44-control.net

Please take the time to read the important disclaimer and information regarding FireWatch at the following link:

http://www.44-control.net/disclaimer__information_page.htm

Any questions or comments regarding FireWatch should be emailed to firewatch@44-control.com

Please do NOT call the dispatchers at 44-Control with questions regarding FireWatch.

eric12401 and x635 like this

Link appears dead..

The link is fine. The server was spazzing out for a bit the past hour. The damn thing has had 100% uptime for over a month straight, but of course decides to flake out the day it's announced to the public. <_<

Is this like the iamresponding system ?

I'm not familiar with that system, but probably not. IamResponding.com looks like a 3rd party "middle man" solution.

FireWatch is an official project of the Rockland County 911 Center aka 44-Control. What you see on that site is being fed directly from the CAD system at 44-Control in (just about) real-time.

EMTbravo likes this

Many cities down here have Live CAD on their webpages. Some are even linking them to Twitter and Facebook now.

This site looks nicely done, and I hope 60 Control will follow suit. I'm glad to see sites like these.

Nice job by all involved with 44-Control.net!

res6cue likes this

I've had it up for a few hours now with no problems. Nicely done!

Many cities down here have Live CAD on their webpages. Some are even linking them to Twitter and Facebook now.

This site looks nicely done, and I hope 60 Control will follow suit. I'm glad to see sites like these.

Nice job by all involved with 44-Control.net!

Thanks, Seth, I'll be sure to pass it along to the PTB at 44.

Between the "official" live audio feeds on RadioReference.com that are connected directly to Control's console and stream right out of the radio room, and now this online CAD site, Rockland is really trying to do right by its all-volunteer fire service.

EMTbravo likes this

Nicely done. Looks like a valuable tool for both responders. The local media must love it.