Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigrig77

Searching for a training video

3 posts in this topic

I saw a raw copy of the mall fire from Nov 1, 2008 in Whitestone Queens in a class a few years ago. It showed how a new insulation, Exterior Insulation Finishing Systems (EIFS), reacts to fire. As you can see in the video it rapidly rolled down the facade of the mall. Does anyone have a copy of this raw footage? It is something that is out there. EIFS is a lightweight synthetic wall "stucco" that includes foam plastic insulation and thin synthetic coatings. When it burns it burns FAST.

link to video skip ahead to 0:35 seconds

Edited by bigrig77

I saw a raw copy of the mall fire from Nov 1, 2008 in Whitestone Queens in a class a few years ago. It showed how a new insulation, Exterior Insulation Finishing Systems (EIFS), reacts to fire. As you can see in the video it rapidly rolled down the facade of the mall. Does anyone have a copy of this raw footage? It is something that is out there. EIFS is a lightweight synthetic wall "stucco" that includes foam plastic insulation and thin synthetic coatings. When it burns it burns FAST.

link to video skip ahead to 0:35 seconds

Brother..if you do a google search you can find free software that you can convert the video to the format you need for the system you run. Just read the reviews as some do a better job then others when converting so you get a good quality. I don't run PC anymore and I can't remember the one that I used when I did.

Thanks ALS, but i meant the on scene footage, not the news report. I have an app in firefox for downloading vids off the internet. it's called Flashgot. if you run firfox, i suggest you get it. The video was about 8 mins long and it showed the fire grow from just the one store front to walking down that facade an covering the whole thing.