Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gamewell45

Ohio Governor Signs Bill Stripping Public Sector Unions of Certain Bargaining Rights.

5 posts in this topic

Republican Governor John Kasich of Ohio has signed legislation which strips collective bargaining rights from public sector unions, including fire and police. Interestingly enough, the bill was sponsored by State Sen. Shannon Jones, R-Springboro which received the backing of the police unions in 2010. Talk about being stabbed in the back.

http://www2.nbc4i.co...bill-ar-439679/

http://news.cincinna...ext%7CFRONTPAGE

The money behind the union busting

by Metro-Broward Professional Firefighters Local 3080 on Friday, April 1, 2011 at 5:50am

The Koch brothers inherited their company, "Koch Industries" from their father and are worth over 20 billion dollars each. They own a "small business" that has over 80,000 employees and grosses over 100 billion dollars per year, and they are fighting to keep their taxes down by financing the TEA Party, Republicans and many projects which support the most right-wing groups in the country. They can't afford to pay taxes, but they can afford to give millions to Republican and TEA Party candidates and elected officials, and to groups which make and distribute the most vicious attacks on the working class people of America. You may have heard that the richest 400 Americans own as much as 150,000,000 Americans. These are two of that 400. How much is enough?

Here is a list of Koch Brothers products. The money behind the union busting and the war on the middle-class in Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, New Jersey, Florida and many other states!

• Angel Soft toilet paper
  • Brawny paper towels
  • Dixie plates, bowls, napkins & cups
  • Mardi Gras napkins and towels
  • Quilted Northern toilet paper
  • Soft 'n Gentle toilet paper
  • Sparkle napkins
  • Vanity fair napkins
  • Zee napkins
  • Georgia-Pacific paper products & envelopes
  • All Georgia-Pacific lumber & building products (INVISTA Products)
  • Lycra Stainmaster Carpet

I tell you what...I was a young republican...and and to be honest a more and more moderate republican as I get older. But its almost bye bye time for me out of that party. I really wish a true middle of the road just right of center candidate would step forward.

antiquefirelt likes this

I guess the politicians are in the mood for a fight. What would they do if the cops & firefighters went on strike?

Mike

The Republicans and the top % money makers in this country are pitting the working middle class against each other. ie: "Hey look at this public worker, he has a job, great pay, benefits and a retirement. You being a private sector worker don't have any of that, and it is not right. We need to get rid of these big bad unions! They are the cause of this whole financial mess! Vote republican!"

I know everyone has to vote their conscious and there is a lot more issues to consider then the union/working issues, but this is America and from where I am sitting, the Republicans are destroying a big part of it. Public safety careers will never be the same again when they are done. They are taking everything away that made these jobs what they were. I at one time hoped that my children would follow in my footsteps and join the fire service, now I hope they aspire for something else.