Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Engine siren scares deer, deer rams house......

5 posts in this topic

Allright, which one of you scared the poor animal into a ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ????

Firetruck responding to accident disorients deer

By SHAWN COHEN

THE JOURNAL NEWS

(Original Publication: April 2, 2005)

A fire engine's siren yesterday morning apparently spooked a deer, which whacked its head against a house, then staggered around the lawn "like a drunk" for a half-hour, police said.

"The deer lost its head," said New Castle police Sgt. Steve Wright. "It was staggering around, circling, wouldn't run away from people. I got ... within three feet of it. It definitely didn't quite know where it was going but, after a while, he started feeling better and worked his way off the property."

The fire engine was responding to a woman who slammed into a utility pole while backing a car out of her driveway on Devoe Road about 9 a.m.

The car accident victim was examined by medical personnel at the scene and didn't need to be taken to the hospital, Wright said.

Her car may have experienced a mechanical problem, causing the accelerator to get stuck. The vehicle spun about 180 degree before hitting the pole, cracking it in two

Thst's one for the books.

Did they get an RMA on the deer? :roll:

mabe the deer had to much grass lat night at the "Walk Around Your Yard Bar".

This will launch the first ever deer vs. Fire Department lawsuit.

"Your honor, I was just minding my own business eating someone's garden and pooping on it when along came a fire truck and scared the hell out of me....."

Finally, a humorous story we can laugh at....