Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PFDRes47cue

State of Emergency Declared for Potsdam, NY

10 posts in this topic

After battling severe flooding over the past week, Potsdam declared a State of Emergency today. Nearby Colton, NY declared a State of Emergency earlier in the week.

As volunteer firefighters and workers tirelessly packed sandbag after sandbag around the rear of Maxfield's Restaurant in Potsdam, gallons of water drained into the cellar from the swollen Raquette River.

www.wwnytv.com

State of Emergency Proclamation

The Raquette River is within inches of a new record, and is expected to go up another three inches later today and tonight.

www.wwnytv.com

All of St. Lawrence County is under a state of emergency due to flooding.

The Board of Legislators make the declaration Thursday afternoon because of the "consistent flooding conditions that pose a threat to life and property."

www.wwnytv.com

Slideshow...

www.northcountrynow.com

Edited by xfirefighter484x

Be careful up there. I'm glad that my old fraternity house is up on top of a hill. :)

Be careful up there. I'm glad that my old fraternity house is up on top of a hill. :)

Which fraternity do you belong too?

Got a call yesterday, county has put our company on standby. Trailer full of pumps ,suction, and discharge hose ready to go when they call.

Fire up your SEFU's!

Got a call yesterday, county has put our company on standby. Trailer full of pumps ,suction, and discharge hose ready to go when they call.

Which county?

I remember going upstate with a Task Force in '06 for the flooding, I wonder who/what will be mobilized this time?

Damage from flooding from the Raquette River has caused at least $1 million worth of damage in Colton and Potsdam, according to the St. Lawrence County Office of Emergency Services.

North County Now