Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vtach39680

Public perception

6 posts in this topic

i was truly assamed to be a member of emergency services today. I was on a bike ride today and was shocked and a tad pissed at what I saw. a fire chief flycar parked in not only a firezone, but also blocking the roadway and a curb cut for handicap access. the truck was there for 20 min while he was eating his breakfast. the truly sad part is there were plenty of open spots.

photo.jpg

When I am at work we enforce fire zone's. I actually make a point to park in a crowded lot and walk to wherever I need to go! Of course you are gonna hear that he/she needs to be able to have quick access to their vehicle's. I say b*llsh*t, you can to your truck! It happens all the time though!

you were shocked by this? really? I am a frequent offender of blocking hydrants, fire lanes, etc but only when convenient parking options are unavailable. Maybe in the minutes before you arrived there were no convenient spots. Nothing like coming outside after the delivery truck, engine, RMP, and dbl parked cars are gone to see my ambulance sitting in the middle of the street all by itself. He's not on a call, so yes he could absolutely park somewhere else but is this really that big of a deal? Its the fire lane and the curb cut is still easily accessible.

More importantly, you knew where the offender was. Did you take this up with them personally or just come here to whine about it?

PEMO3 likes this

you were shocked by this? really? I am a frequent offender of blocking hydrants, fire lanes, etc but only when convenient parking options are unavailable. Maybe in the minutes before you arrived there were no convenient spots. Nothing like coming outside after the delivery truck, engine, RMP, and dbl parked cars are gone to see my ambulance sitting in the middle of the street all by itself. He's not on a call, so yes he could absolutely park somewhere else but is this really that big of a deal? Its the fire lane and the curb cut is still easily accessible.

More importantly, you knew where the offender was. Did you take this up with them personally or just come here to whine about it?

My guess is that is the OPs dark colored car in the picture.

My guess is that is the OPs dark colored car in the picture.

I was bike riding. My car was over 20 miles away parked in a legal spot

I was bike riding. My car was over 20 miles away parked in a legal spot

Are you seriously that "assamed" that you had to whip out your camera, snap a picture, an run home to post it in this forum? I mean really, like NY10570 said, if you were so "assamed" why didn't you man up and say something to this horrific offender of vehicle placement?

PEMO3 likes this