Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PFDRes47cue

Body From MVA on May 20th Found In River

10 posts in this topic

BROOME COUNTY, N.Y. -- Dive teams with the Broome County Sheriff's Office have recovered a body from the Chenango River. It was discovered earlier Sunday under the Route 12A Bridge near Chenango Valley High School.

YNN Article

A few weeks ago we had an MVA where the patient crawled about 100 feet off of the way underneath two barbwire fences before the deputies even arrived. Always good to do a large circle around the scene!

A few weeks ago we had an MVA where the patient crawled about 100 feet off of the way underneath two barbwire fences before the deputies even arrived. Always good to do a large circle around the scene!

Any specific reason as to why the person tried to crawl away? It never hurts to be extra thorough when searching for someone. Especially when you have a good hunch (due to damage, blood, etc) that someone involved in the MVA is probably really injured.

In the case of the Broome County incident, the person was swept from the vehicle after it left the roadway and landed in the river which was running high and fast due to recent heavy rains. Two bodies were recovered from the vehicle. Only the driver managed to make it out alive. Searches were conducted for several days following the accident.

http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20110605/NEWS01/110605003/Body-found-along-Chenango-River?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRO

A quick TI scan never hurts either

A quick TI scan never hurts either

Had the same thought!

Never thought of using that! I'm bringing that up at the next meeting, as for speculation on why she crawled... no idea. wasn't on scene, but was at the debriefing. No one seems to know. The hunch seems to be from a withdrawl of drugs...

Never thought of using that! I'm bringing that up at the next meeting, as for speculation on why she crawled... no idea. wasn't on scene, but was at the debriefing. No one seems to know. The hunch seems to be from a withdrawl of drugs...

It’s not always drug withdrawal, many times it is due to shock and the patent not thinking straight due to there injuries. It is the same reason why people in Hypothermia strat to take there clothes off.

Had the same thought!

Cant tell you the number of times i've had to run a search pattern in the woods at 3am with the TIC looking for either another potential patient or the phantom driver because the actual patient wont admit they were the ones driving. And in 5 years i've only found a couple of deer, a lost soccer ball and many empty gas bottles.....

Cant tell you the number of times i've had to run a search pattern in the woods at 3am with the TIC looking for either another potential patient or the phantom driver because the actual patient wont admit they were the ones driving. And in 5 years i've only found a couple of deer, a lost soccer ball and many empty gas bottles.....

Might not have found someone yet but when you do you'll be glad you had the TIC with you. Seen a couple found with it upstate.