Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ex-commish

NYC DEP Police

6 posts in this topic

I am researching information for my son. I was told that NYS DEP officers do not have line of duty benefits such as other law enforcement officers under GML 207-c. Can any one shed light on this? Are there any DEP officers that are in EMTBRAVO? Thanks.

Started off with the good old DEP Police. To the best of my knowledge there is no 207c, I had a LOD injury and they were gracious enough to give me five days on the city and then exhausted all my own time. Was out about six weeks if i remeber correctly and if i had not returned would of been on leave without pay. but its a great foot in the door.

I have 4 buddies that went that route. 2 are still in, the other 2 left shortly after graduation and got hired on at local PD's making much more $$. Seems to be a good way to get the academy done and a badge in hand.

I just finished the hiring process for this agency. List # 56 ON Exam 8323. Has anyone else completed the hiring process? I'm just waiting for the call.

How do you not have that 207c in your contract?

If I remember correctly, a few years back a Scarsdale PO was injured LOD and they didn't cover him under 207c, so it's not just DEP PD.