Date: 1-24-04

Time:

Frequency: 46.26

Units:

Description: Private Dwelling.

Writer: Truck4

M/A Mamaroneck Town to scene

Anyone get this job???

Heard Fire on the roof...after that, No clue.

86 Chatsworth Avenue

First in units (including myself) found construction debris burning inside the basement of a 2 story house undergoing renovations. Fire quickly knocked down with water cans and mnimal extension. TMFD Ladder 19 was called immediately as our TL7 is OOS for at least a month while a new bucket is installed.

Date: 1-24-04

Time: 20:00 hrs

Frequency: 46.26

Units: E33, E902, R1, L19(TMFD)

Description: Private Dwelling.

Writer: DRD

I am a Lt. in the Larchmont FD.

We were dispatched to a reported working basement fire as per Larchmont Police. Currently our first due Engine (E34) and out truck (TL7) are OOS. E33 was acting as first due Engine. R1 acting as a squad. E902, a reserve engine on loan from the City of Yonkers was 2nd due. L19 from the Town of Mamaroneck was dispatched as first due truck.

E33 reported smoke in the basement. Crews forced entry of the rear door and found a small fire in a cardboard box. Fire was extinguished with water cans. Forced ventilation of smoke. House was undergoing renovations. Cause of the fire was under investigation.

This fire could have been A LOT worse. If it wasn't for the neighbors calling it in we would have gotten the call only after the fire has taken the house. All units 10-8 / 10-2 after operating for approx. 30 minutes.

i wasn;t sure so i though i would ask... is Larchmont FD.paid? volunteer? or combo?

Larchmont is a combination department.