Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Seagrave And Rescue 1?

9 posts in this topic

How does it work that Seagrave provides the chasis for Rescue 1? I know they've produced two units. Does the customer have to buy the chasis from Seagrave, and supply it to Rescue 1, or do they have some sort of deal? Is it because Seagrave didn't really build heavy rescues at the time?

http://www.plcustom.com/recentdeliveries/gallery.aspx?galleryid=291&year=&archive=0&template=rescue1

http://www.radnorfire.com/rescue-15.php

If you check seagraves website they have been making a few Heavy Rescues...

My guess, either the department want the chassis but not the body or Seagrave could provide the chassis but not the body. I don't think it would help Seagraves bottom line selling only the chassis and not a body attached if they could avoid it.

Edited by SRS131EMTFF

Rescue One has also built on Sutphen chassis, and ALF sells the Eagle to third parties also

I don't think it would help Seagraves bottom line selling only the chassis and not a body attached if they could avoid it.

I disagree. Selling only the chassis is much more profitable than not selling any vehicle at all.

If I'm not mistaken, the ability to buy a Seagrave chassis for certain applications, specifically a 2-door rescue style vehicle, has existed for years. Berwyn Heights, MD (PGFD #14) has a heavy rescue built by Marion on a Seagrave Chassis and their previous one was on a Seagrave chassis also, not sure who built that body, possibly Marion also.

I disagree. Selling only the chassis is much more profitable than not selling any vehicle at all.

If I'm not mistaken, the ability to buy a Seagrave chassis for certain applications, specifically a 2-door rescue style vehicle, has existed for years. Berwyn Heights, MD (PGFD #14) has a heavy rescue built by Marion on a Seagrave Chassis and their previous one was on a Seagrave chassis also, not sure who built that body, possibly Marion also.

Marion (and Saulsbury) also built the bodies for the Aerialscope tower ladders for a while, too, but as a contractor for Seagrave.

Marion (and Saulsbury) also built the bodies for the Aerialscope tower ladders for a while, too, but as a contractor for Seagrave.

And Mack before that too correct after Mack stopped making fire bodies?

Also Rescue 1 pieces have been built on HME chassis or atleast I know of one model.

Also Rescue 1 pieces have been built on HME chassis or atleast I know of one model.