Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IzzyEng4

WHAT? Miss an ENGINE 260 Muster?

7 posts in this topic

The ENGINE 260 Muster in Milford, CT will be held on September 10th, 2011 at Eisenhower Park. This is the 40th continuous year the muster has been held! Sponsored by the Engine 260, Inc. and the Southern Connecticut Antique Fire Apparatus Collectors.

The day starts out with a motorcade to the park with the antique apparatus placed on display. Vendors, food and of course the firefighter's competition (dry events in the morning, water events in the afternoon) follow. Its a great day for the family just to hang out.

If you never been to a Engine 260 muster, you are missing a fun day.

More info at www.Engine260.org

Izzy I know they say it every year but rumor has it this might truely be the last 260 muster

Izzy I know they say it every year but rumor has it this might truely be the last 260 muster

One word, no. Unless I hear it from Vaughn and Jamie, its still going to continue. That rumor has been around as long as I've been in the fire service (20 years). Why stop something if attendance and participation each year has been great??

Heck, a few of the career departments around here started up teams again in the past few years.

If you never been to a Engine 260 muster, you are missing a fun day.

Here, here! :)

I know i have been going since i was little and it's always a great time but heard because they don't have the help to run it they don't know if it will continue. It's a blast I hope it's around forever

With the group of guys now running the show with the blessings of the old-timers, hopefully you'll see it for many more years. There was that worry a few years ago but there has been a dedicated group that has stepped up and want to keep it going.

So Mo, will I see you up on the "Hill" this year??? :-)

I hope so I am planning on being there yet again should I look for you with the ansonia crowd