Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

IMPORTANT: AOL Email Users

4 posts in this topic

Two issues I'd like to bring to the attention of AOL Email users:

1. Since EMTBravo is on a lot of people's mailing lists, I've been noticing numerous AOL email accounts sending out spam messages, containing a link. I know some may be aware, but others may not be. In some cases, I've been getting multiple spam emails from the same AOL addresses for months. Your account could be comprimised and hacked by malware/spyware, and could be also collecting important info from your emails as well. I don't know if there is a fix for this, but maybe a member on here can give some advice.

2. If you have AOL Email (and any other for that matter), make sure that any @emtbravo.com or @emtbravo.net email suffixes are on your safe list. Otherwise, important information, such as password resets, account notifications, and messages from other members may get sent to your spam box. With AOL Email, sometimes emails from EMTBravo do not get through at all, and that's because of AOL's antiquated and isolated spam controls.

Thanks

Seth G.

This is still going, with all kinds of vulger malicous links. There is malware on people's computers that record the keystrokes when they log in, and the malware then uses your contact list to send out spam.

This could also be "spoofing" of your email address, but with the way AOL is set up, I doubt it. If it was "spoofing", it would be using your email address making people think you are sending the mail, but are really not.

There are NUMEROUS users on this forum that have this problem and I doubt are aware of it.

Here's what I reccomend: Scan your computer for any malware. I suggest using http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free as it is free and effective. You should be scanning for malware at least twice a week. If your computer is older, I highlu reccomend bringing it to a computer shop, a place like Best Buy Geek Squad, or an online service from the comfort of home, like Geek Squad, to remove any major infections you may not be able to find or resolve on your own.

For the next step, check your "sent messages" for any messages you did not send to verify this issue, although the emails may not show up there anyways. Make sure your firewall settings are strong in regards to outgoing mail. When you're done with that, reboot your computer and change your password. Make sure your password it strong. For instance, use one or two capital letters, a few lowercase letters, numbers, and a symbol. Like "fiREdpeartment12#"

If you do end up switching to another email provider, (we reccomend Gmail or Yahoo) remember to update your forum account here on EMTBravo.

Seth

Again, this is still going on. I am recieving numerous emails hourly from @aol.com users that I know use the same AOL address regularly.

Please take the above advise, as I have put many of these addresses into my Spam folders, or "blacklisted". If you cannot reach me from an AOL account, that may be why.

Again, this is still going on. I am recieving numerous emails hourly to the EMTBravo email boxes from @aol.com users that are registered with this forum under an @aol.com addresse.

Please take the above advise in the post above, as I have put many of these addresses into my Spam folders, or "blacklisted". If you cannot reach me from an AOL account, that may be why. Try from another account.