Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rescue83

NY emt cert transfer

6 posts in this topic

sorry if this is a repeat

what states can NY emt cert be transfered to, i know CT u can get a cert from them for free with not classes

thank you

sorry if this is a repeat

what states can NY emt cert be transfered to, i know CT u can get a cert from them for free with not classes

thank you

I'm not sure but, if you're thinking of moving, you can increase your chances if you are a NREMT which entails passing a written & practical exam.

NY is not a National Registry state, however, I know they have reciprocity with CT due to border. If you want to get certified in NYS, you need to pay, and take a recert course in NYS within a year.

I'm pretty sure you can file for reciprocity with any state, with many requiring a re-test or at the very least a fee. I'm pretty sure CT and NJ have automatic reciprocity without re-testing.

Very easy to get a card in CT.

You need to go to the CT DOH EMS site, they have a form to fill out - you need to send it to NYS DOH to get verification of your EMT card... then you submit it to CT, and bing, bang, boom. I believe they give you recporpsity until your NY card expires.

I didnt' have to take any refreshers in any specific time.

You can also use NY/CT recert classes against each other -- so take it in one state, submit paperwork to the other state, and they'll extend your card.

Last time I checked (about 5 years ago) an EMT from NY could operate in NJ with their NY card - No reciprocity required. I don't recall hearing of that changing.