Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CAM502

Pelham FD merger...

11 posts in this topic

Since there is a lively disscusion about merging the PD's in "the pelhams" I was wondering what people thought about an FD merger. Please keep in mind that i'm not saying (yet) it would be good or bad, just asking.

woooahh, CAM, this could get explosive....... these 2 depts. have to address the very basic joint operations issues before there's even a whiff of possible merger ! Such as, maybe do a Training Drill together ??! :-k

Hey once again not looking to start trouble, just looking for some opinions on the topic.

Any PFD or Manor boys wanna comment?? 8-[

CAM,

I suggest you keep dreaming at this point. Has it come up in talks, yes, will it happen anytime in the near future, no. IMO, youd have a better chance with the sound shore merger than pelham and pelham manor. Just to start there are many differences, a quick two, the manor has officers; pelham doesnt. Pelham does EMS, the manor doesnt.

Much bigger questions arise but im not going that far into it.

Not a good idea. Like it the way it is. maybe work together more but NO merger

I dream a dream when one day all emergency services (FD, EMS, PD and all those support agencies and people) can work together for the good of all mankind. A day when politics take a back seat to genuine need. When neighbors are friends who help where they can. Where relatively simple things are just that simple. When the people of a community (all communities) care about the place they live in (I know some do). And a day when I can get EMTBRAVO on my cellphone and/or pager!!!!

I thought I was watching the History Channel...

"I have a dream that my children will one day live in a county where men are judged, not by the color of their apparatus, but by the way they drive them to and from calls...I have a dream today."

:wink:

CAM, that was a beautiful statement and rallying cry !! I too share the same dream !!!! =D> =D>

The way i see it they have been talking about a merger for the last 20 years and im sure 20 years before that.The way the shared responses are going now id say if it anit broke dont fix it. The shared responses work great with both the paid and voulnteers. Ive heard all the stories over the years, Pelham becoming part of Eastchester or New Rochelle or even part of the Yonkers FD.The Pelham FD has been there for over 100 years and im sure 100 years from now it'll still be the Pelham FD

I dream a dream when one day all emergency services (FD, EMS, PD and all those support agencies and people) can work together for the good of all mankind.  A day when politics take a back seat to genuine need.  When neighbors are friends who help where they can.  Where relatively simple things are just that simple.  When the people of a community (all communities) care about the place they live in (I know some do).  And a day when I can get EMTBRAVO on my cellphone and/or pager!!!!

For the good of the people in Pelham/Pelham Manor get a real EMS system that can transport a patient to the hospital. That should be the towns #1 priority. Somethings should be put before money. Just what I think.

The Pelhams dropping New Rochelle EMS as thier primary provider seems like such a big mistake.