Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FD828

Car Collides with Long Ridge (Stamford) Engine

8 posts in this topic

Drive defensively especially at intersections! This could happen to any one of us. I was glad to hear the firefighter is ok.

Advocate

So was the firetruck struck by the car or was the car struck by the firetruck? Advocate writers...

From what I heard (hopefully someone else can say for sure) the car pulled out from a street on the right, the engine swerved trying to avoid the car, but struck it and then went off the road.

From what I heard (hopefully someone else can say for sure) the car pulled out from a street on the right, the engine swerved trying to avoid the car, but struck it and then went off the road.

The driver 1d0i021.`

d a great job trying to avoid the on coming car

You are correct, if the driver of 74 did not drive the rig into the woods it would have been more like a head-on.

Just goes to show even returning from calls you need to be careful. People younger, older are all off in their own world and not paying attention to their surroundings.

Said the rig had to be pulled out of a ditch, how bad is the damage to the rig?