Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mpm5

World Police and Fire Games

2 posts in this topic

I am looking to get volunteers to help with the Ultimate Firefighter event at the FDNY Fire Academy on Saturday, 8/27 - Monday, 8/29. This is a variation of the SCOTT Combat Challenge with the obstacle course and tower. We need A LOT of volunteers to help any or all 3 days. There will be two shifts of roughly 6 hours per day, 0630-1230 hours and 1230-1830 hours each day. I will take what I can get. It will be a great event to be a part of as all of the competitiors are firefighters from around the world!

We do also need volunteers for the Opening Ceremony at Prospect Park in Brooklyn on Friday, August 26. I do not know what the time frame is but the gates open at 11 AM and the ceremony goes from 1 PM - 4 PM. I would assume volunteers will be asked to arrive aound 8-9 AM.

Please Email or Message me ASAP

FF Michael Murray Fairview Fire Department

Email Murraymffd85@yahoo.com

P.S. The Games are going to be an amazing event the FDNY and the city of New York have put allot of time and effort to put these games together. Even if you can't help out but want to see some amazing athletes and performances you can here is their website with a list of events and dates http://2011wpfg.org/

I recently vacationed in the Pacific Northwest and visited some Firehouses. While in Portland, Oregon, i stopped at their HQ and talked with some of their guys for a bit. They have a group participating in the games and they were totally phyched for it. They were going to stay somewhere in Brooklyn.

Unfortunately i will be away that weekend or i would love to help.

Best of luck.