Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SOUSGT

September 11

6 posts in this topic

With the approaching 10th year anniversary, I hope we turn our attention to those who perished on that day and also those who have died since. We lost a lot of good people. We should remember them as the focus of the day. A tribute was posted on the web . It became so popular that they had trouble finding a host that could handle it. I found it recently. I'm sure many of us remember this one.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/

Please say a prayer for those who were murdered and those who suffer the effects even today.

Bull McCaffrey likes this

I'd say to keep alot of people away from NYC. Also there is a travel warning already in affect. I certainly won't be down there. Good luck to you all, especially FDNY!

I'd say to keep alot of people away from NYC. Also there is a travel warning already in affect. I certainly won't be down there. Good luck to you all, especially FDNY!

I disagree. That attitude signals a defeat to the dirt that started all of this. People should go about their lives doing what they want to do. If you want to be in the city then so be it. If not no one will blame you. Dont let the most gracious nation in the world let a bunch of cave dwellers prevent us from congregating on our own soil. You are free to travel to any corner of our nation at your own will. Do not surrender that right to these folks by broadcasting a discouraging tone.

Be aware and vigilant. Do not drop your guard. Do not surrender our freedom by cowering in our own back yards. Let the world know we are still here next week by not resting in the shadows!!!!

grumpyff likes this

While I definately believe those lost, be it firefighters, police officers, ems workers, the public working in those towers or those who have since lost thier lives due to illness from that terrible day, should never be forgotten. I personally don't need to see the planes flying into the towers or the towers falling every year. Rememberence is paramount but I fell reliving the days events can be detramental to the families of those lost. We need to see that those who perished on that tragic day are remembered for the heros they are. Just my two cents, and absolutely no DISRESPECT intended. GOD BLESS ALL WHO WERE LOST THAT DAY!! well except the terrorists may they burn in hell for eternity!!!!

I disagree. That attitude signals a defeat to the dirt that started all of this. People should go about their lives doing what they want to do. If you want to be in the city then so be it. If not no one will blame you. Dont let the most gracious nation in the world let a bunch of cave dwellers prevent us from congregating on our own soil. You are free to travel to any corner of our nation at your own will. Do not surrender that right to these folks by broadcasting a discouraging tone.

Be aware and vigilant. Do not drop your guard. Do not surrender our freedom by cowering in our own back yards. Let the world know we are still here next week by not resting in the shadows!!!!

Well said, and I agree with you, but still have a point on my post. Keep everyone safe, yes millions love NYC, and 100's (at most?) don't. Let us do what we want in the United States, and let them do what they want on their soil. Just have to put an end to the attacks, and everyone will take a deep breath and not worry, but that will never happen. Terrorists are...well...just terrorists.

Edited by YouFive