Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spartan052

Why don't some incidents get posted?

5 posts in this topic

i have a question why don't certain incidents get posted? For example yesterday october 14 2011 montrose fd had an mva why didnt it get posted the only reason i use this example is because my friend was in that accident

The reason why, if you had read the forum rules/regulations/guidelines for I/A postings, is that they need to be notable incidents. While I am sure that it is a huge deal that your friend was involved in an accident. It is simply useless and boring to post an I/A for every MVA that occurs in the county and surrounding areas. If every MVA or non-notable call had an I/A, it would clog up the forum, decrease views on the notable I/As and frankly would be extremely boring. No one on here want to read about East Treestump FD/EMS's 2 car MVA with minor injuries...add a prolonged extrication, serious injuries, multiple injuries, mutual aid use or otherwise unique circumstances, and maybe, just maybe it is I/A worth, but even then you would be surprised the mundane stuff that gets posted here.

http://www.emtbravo....ias-guidelines/

MVA's

-Requiring extrication, rescue, or unusual occurrence.

-Serious MVA or multiple patients

-Omit details on patient identity

-Major Accident

Not every accident, fire or incident gets posted because the focus is on noteworthy or unusual incidents. Even some of the jobs that do get posted aren't especially noteworthy and that is something the staff continually wrestles with. It's hard to balance when you have members from rural areas where having a call is "notable" to NYC where every day dozens of "noteable" incidients occur.

Sorry about your friend but it sounds like he was lucky enough not to be involved in a "noteworthy" accident.

SteveOFD and EMTDelta like this

Also, someone has to post it. These things don't post themselves, unless I am missing out on a new iPhone app lol!!

Another reason is sometimes with the bigger calls people may not have enough information to post a I/R

sfrd18 likes this