Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
everybodygoes

Murder Suicide Mahopac

7 posts in this topic

I am gathering from Facebook posts that one of the victims of a murder suicide this morning was a member of the Mahopac Fire Dept. Sorry for your loss, what a senseless act, not to mention cowardly!

From Lohud.com http://www.lohud.com/article/20111117/NEWS04/111170407/Husband-kills-man-who-dined-his-estranged-wife-then-kills-himself-Mahopac-?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

This is the official statement from the department.

The Mahopac Volunteer Fire Department is deeply saddened by the tragic loss of our Department President Michael Purdy. Mike was a devoted member of the department. He joined department after the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon in 2001. Once he became a member he became involved in all aspects of the department. Mike was an Ex-Captain of Engine Company 3 and has served as Department President for the last 4 years. Mike's approach to life and his sense of humor made him a very popular member and he was loved by everyone.

The fire department is working with the family on funeral arrangements. Any requests for information on the case should be referred to the Carmel Police Department at 628-1300

post-20831-0-84694100-1321561013.jpg

We would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers

Edward J Scott

Ex-Chief

Commissioner

North Highlands Volunteer Fire Department would like to extend our deepest sympathies towards our brothers and sisters of Mahopac.

To the Mahopac Fire Department: I am deeply sorry for you lost and you are in our thoughts and prayers during this tragic time.

Wooster Hose Co #5 - Danbury

Edited by fireguy5

The Union Vale Fire Department extends our deepest sympathies during this time. Our thoughts and prayers are with our fellow brothers and sisters and the family.

While I didn't know Mike, I did deal with alot of the guys from Mahopac while working for CMTI back in the day. My condolences to all you guys at the FD and his family.

Joe T. Retired Medic 095642