Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Post Your Condolences: Mahopac Fire Department President Michael Purdy

4 posts in this topic

This will serve as a condolence thread for Mahopac Fire Department President Michael Purdy. Please post your condolences and this thread will be passed on to MFD and the Purdy family.

Note: If anyone has final official wake/funeral information, please send a direct email to news@EMTBravoImpact.com so that we may get the information out as soon as possible.

Below is the official statement from Ex-Chief and current Commisioner Edward J. Scott.

The Mahopac Volunteer Fire Department is deeply saddened by the tragic loss of our Department President Michael Purdy. Mike was a devoted member of the department. He joined department after the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon in 2001. Once he became a member he became involved in all aspects of the department. Mike was an Ex-Captain of Engine Company 3 and has served as Department President for the last 4 years. Mike's approach to life and his sense of humor made him a very popular member and he was loved by everyone.

The fire department is working with the family on funeral arrangements. Any requests for information on the case should be referred to the Carmel Police Department at 628-1300

We would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers

Edward J Scott

Ex-Chief

Commissioner

Thoughts and prayers during this tragedy that affects so many people.

Mike,

There was never a time that I saw you and you weren't laughing, cracking a joke or telling me some story that made me laugh for days. You would always give a hand if somebody needed. You were the most straight forward person I knew always told it the way it was and would never beat around the bush.

I don't know who am I going to tell our stories of our wrestling matches or our days at Freight Liquidators.

I am just honored to know you and for you to have been apart of mine and my kids life.

I will always be looking for you at Mahopac FD events, parades or in a town truck.

Rest in Peace my Friend, my Brother, you "little twerp". You will be missed..

Shawn Madsen "your fat buddy"

Rest in Peace. I plenty of stories about you and your antics, while cleaning at Mahopac. Rest well knowing your brothers and sisters in Mahopac will keep your memory alive