Followers 0
texastom791

Firefighter - New Canaan, CT

5 posts in this topic

My link

Closing Date

12/2/2011

Description

The Town of New Canaan is accepting applications for the position of Firefighter through Friday, December 2, 2011 at 4:00 p.m. We seek candidates who are motivated to work in a combination career/volunteer fire department and who maintain good physical condition. Entry level firefighters will work a 24/72 hour schedule after training.

Requirements

Candidates must be 21 years of age, be a U.S. citizen, have a valid driver’s license, have no previous felony convictions, pass a written and oral examination, and pass medical and drug screenings and background investigation. At the time of application, candidates must have a valid CPAT certificate issued on or after December 17, 2010 and the State of Connecticut Commission on Fire Prevention & Control Firefighter II certification. Pump Operator certification required at time of hire and MRT/EMR or EMT certification required within 6 months of hire.

If you do not have any of the prerequisites your application will not be accepted. I asked someone who works there about the hiring and they are strict with what is needed at the time of application. I do not believe they send anyone to the CFA due to the certifications they require for hiring.

Just passing the information along.

Edited by IzzyEng4

I guess they wouldn't accept NY certs...

I guess they wouldn't accept NY certs...

Unless there is a reciprocity agreement and you can get the CT certs through that or see if they will accept the national certificates, if not I don't believe so. You'll have to check with New Canaan.

Edited by IzzyEng4

Unless there is a reciprocity agreement and you can get the CT certs through that or see if they will accept the national certificates, if not I don't believe so. You'll have to check with New Canaan.

I don't believe that the national certs or the NYS certs will be accepted. I have a ton of NYS certs and I know that the CT ciriculum is much different than any others. FF2 in CT covers many more subject areas than NYS or the National cert.