Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joetnymedic

Inmate Escapes From Prison in Firetruck

5 posts in this topic

Why I was never comfortable with using inmates as firefighters. They belong where they were sent...behind bars.

They're used in many areas without incident. There are also thousands of inmates working outside of prisons in work release programs across the country. In the past few years I've seen 4 different stories of FD vehicles being stolen or attempted to be stolen by people on the street.

INIT915 likes this

They're used in many areas without incident. There are also thousands of inmates working outside of prisons in work release programs across the country. In the past few years I've seen 4 different stories of FD vehicles being stolen or attempted to be stolen by people on the street.

That may be true but they are still inmates aka criminals. Maybe 25 years working in the penal system has scarred my opinions on them.

I would be curious to know how this occurred. I doubt the inmate was left unsupervised with easy access to the apparatus and open road so it seems that his escape was planned in advance or spur of the moment.

Reading about him, it also seemed like he didn't have much time left on a rather minor conviction.