Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
masterofmetal85

Bristol hospital EMS

3 posts in this topic

I was in the area of waterbury and dropped my app off at Campion. The secretary at the desk was very nice and mentioned this agency Bristol Hospital EMS a private supposedly working out of the hospital in Bristol. I visited their website and they state they're very small with only 6 ambulances etc I located their contact number and called it and it lead me to Campions number. Does anyone know anything about this agency?

Just guessing here but perhaps Bristol hired Champion to operate or managed their EMS but doing business as Bristol Hospital EMS. Stranger things have happened.

While you were in wtby should of dropped off an app at AMR on East Aurora st, Im not sure if your familiar on how waterbury works but campion covers the "east side" of the city and transfers outta st marys and AMR covers the "west side" and do the transfers outta wtby hospital, but both do intercepts and do full car responses into neighboring towns, back to the CT ems topic you started i mentioned a few other things, such as pay, union vs non union. Campion also covers torrington and has medics in Cheshire and woloctt and fly cars (medic 1 is wtby, 2 is torrington area, 4 is new milford aread, 6 is winsted area.

Bristol Hospital EMS is like you said a small tight nit company, they have about 25-30 employees, Bristol covers just the city of bristol they also staff burlington FD ambulance 24/7 with a paramedic and emt durring the day, volleys at night. Im not 100 percent sure on there pay but i believe there above campion but below AMR. The woman who took your app at campion mentioned Bristol because Campions dispatchers (which is upstairs to where you were) also dispatchers Bristol EMS. any other questions PM me, i have a good idea on how everything up here works.

Edited by Ladder44