Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pauloghia

Motorola Minitor pagers and digital radios

9 posts in this topic

Does Motorola manufacture the Minitor to receive digital? My department uses Harris P7300 radios and I don't like carrying around the bulk, when I can just carry it in my gear and use a pager instead to recieve pages.

I believe the Minitor pagers are only VHF/UHF and not digital compatible. We use Harris P7200 radios but are issued Minitor V pagers which are VHF. Dispatch uses VHF to dispatch us (and most of the county departments) while everything else is on the digital system.

Also a new thing we have is we use "I Am Responding" and the dispatch CAD is now set-up to text us with pages. I would not rely 100% on texts but it is a nice back-up since it is done by the CAD. Our dispatchers sometimes have issues getting complete pages out to us on the first try. We are the first in the county to have this and there are plans to roll this out to the other county departments.

I looked on a distributor's website and they had this:

*Please be advised, prior to the use of a UHF Minitor V pager in conjunction with a 800Mhz trunked system. Due to the FCC mandated 45Mhz TX/RX split for 800Mhz systems, UHF Minitor V pager may exhibit an extended squelch tail and/or falsing within an 800Mhz System. These symptoms may manifest themselves when the 800Mhz system is active immediately after the pager is paged. Should you have questions regarding any potential open squelch that might occur, please contact your Motorola Solutions account representative or channel partner.

I guess I can.

I beleive that explanation is for 800 trunked systems that are cross patched to a single transmit (broadcast) frequency. The pagers are not made to follow a trunking system. As for digital transmissions I beleive they do not make them as well. However I maybe wrong, it's est to contact the manufacturer and ask them instead of going through a vendor just to be sure.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...V+Pager+details

one of my favorite internet trolling websites

My department contracted with e-Dispatches. Page goes out as either a voice alert or text message. We are a small department, but we picked up around 6 more members per alarm. Prior to that is was only pager & siren.

Try Cadpage to use along with the I'm responding system a nice partnering of technologies.