Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BCFire05

New Rosenbauer Commander Chassis

4 posts in this topic

Note: I do not work for nor am trying to advertise for Rosenbauer.

Today Rosenbauer America unveiled their first 1st party chassis, the Commander. I this it looks great, some nice variations for the headlights, and cab features are very cool. 2 of my personal fav manufacturers are Pierce and Rosenbauer. My department has Spec'd for both. I can honestly be happy with either company. We currently have 2 Generals that we had bought just as Rosenbauer had bought out General.

Lots of new features with the new chassis, including an HVAC system that has vents in the dash and at the feet along with the ceiling. (but does not move all the way to the windsheild) A single one piece windsheild (like Pierce Velocity). The engine has been moved down 4" and back 4" to allow for more dash options and comfort. There's alot more.

For a look at the new Chassis check out the Rosenbauer Facebook, there's not much at the moment but I'm pretty sure over the rest of the day and week there will be plenty more along with more info.

Rosenbauer Facebook

Oh yeah i know what you mean. the Commander 3000 I believe it was called. Yeah this chassis is MUCH MUCH better. The main website should be updated next week with full info on the new features. It's good to know they are moving forward with a chassis like this which can help them be less dependant on the Spartan chassis. Not that I really have a problem with spartan. But most manufactures use them and having a 1st party chassis can really help differentiate them from others much like pierce with the velocity and e-one with the Cyclone I believe it is.

Also I believe the version with the Round Headlights will have a feature for the angel eye style LED running lights around the headlight itself. Kinda flashy but I dig it lol :P