Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RES20CUE

Firefighter- Montrose VA Fire Dept

15 posts in this topic

Attached is the link to USA Jobs for the current opening for Firefighter (EMT/ HazMat Tech/ Driver) if interested.

If you are not a currently certified EMT in NY, FFII (or NY equivilent), HazMat Tech, and certified Pump Operator (including EVOC) don't bother submitting. You'll be rejected.

Also- Pay Scale is wrong- Position is a GS-7 (not 6)

http://jobsearch.usajobs.opm.gov/getjob.as...bf522=0081&vw=d

Can you please tell me if this position is at Montrose or Castle Point ?????

Should I go back too?

I dunno, guys. I hear the new chief there is a hard-a**!

J/K!! He's really a great guy!!

Can you please tell me the Run Stats for Montrose VA :-k (BUSY/SLOW) Thanks

Inspect Buildings, Check Fire Extingushers, Hope Montrose gets a call..............Inspect Buildings, Check Fire Extingushers, Hope Montrose gets a call..............Inspect Buildings, Check Fire Extingushers, Hope Montrose gets a call.............Inspect Buildings, Check Fire Extingushers, Hope Montrose gets a call........Did I miss anything? :D =D>

Hey, It's a good job with a good Chief. Give it a whirl

Do they still do EMS for the campus? LAst I heard they still have an ambulance but I haven't heard of us (CRP) doing any intercepts with them in a while. I know they don't cover the Nursing Home because CCVAC goes there all the time. ](*,)

WAS, i believe they only do a 1st-Response type deal on the campus. And yes, they still have an ambulance, 48B1. They (usually) do not do any 911 transports. All of their Firefighters still have to be EMT's and keep up their cert. The "new" nursing facility, the New York State Nursing home, or whatever it is called, is totally covered by CVAC & CRP. CVAC does all other 911 runs on the campus as well.

OK- Here's a basic run-down:

We run around the 500-call area.

Just as most FD's now, mostly EMS, and Auto Alarms.

We man 1 Engine (E-225), 1 Medium Duty Rescue (currently designanted MA-28, will be redesignated Rescue 48 ), 1 Haz-Mat/Decon Unit (was originally Utility 33, now HazMat 33, trying to get it changed to HazMat 3)(Picture is on the DES website), and 1 Ambulance (48B1).

Due to JCAHO requirements, the Ambulance cannot leave the campus. The FD responds with the Ambulance along with the Code Team to all EMS calls on campus and we transport to our Bldg 3 (Admissions), if Transport is needed, we call in CCVAC with CRP. If there is a 911 call placed, we are dispatched along with CCVAC and CRP, and respond with MA-28 (R-48 ).

Job includes inspecting-

Fire Extinguishers, Fire Hydrants, Sprinklers, Buildings, Smoke Barriers, Fire Doors; Fire Alarm system testing, Conducting Fire Drills, Public Fire Education, and Fire Extinguisher Training.

Any news about the List ????

List established.

Calls for interviews should be going out shortly.

Just finished 6 hours of interviews today for an Asst Chief :caffine:

A few months ago I applied for the position at the VA fire dept. Can someone tell me if the department interviewed, gave an agility test, or hired for the position?

I heard that it is a pretty good job but not easy to obtain. Did I miss the boat on this one???

Thanks for the info.

Interviews were conducted.

If you did not get a call, you did not score high enough.

I take it that the department has hired since they conducted interviews? :-k

Can you tell me how long the list will be in effect for? Looking to apply the next time around. Thanks