Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
culatra

FDNY Age Requirement For Application

5 posts in this topic

hi

I was looking for age requirement to apply the fdny exam and i found this...

Age requirement EXCEPTIONS:

->Candidates remaining on the eligible list for Firefighter Exam Nos. #6019 and 6506 must not have reached their 36th birthday by the beginning of the application period to be eligible to take this examination. .

->Candidates on Special Military lists for Firefighter Exam No. 2043 in existence on or after July 22, 2009, must not have reached their 36th birthday by the beginning of the application period to be eligible to take this examination.

->All persons who were engaged in military duty as defined in Section 243 of the New York State Military Law (including candidates on the lists noted above) may deduct from their actual age the length of time spent in such military duty up to a maximum deduction of six years

but i dont understand the first point, what is Exam 6019 and 6506?

thanks

Those were the exams killed by the courts in response to the Vulcan's discrimination lawsuit.

Correct. I believe that you have to be at least 17 1/2 to take the exam, but you have to be either 18 or 21 by the time of appointment. I'm sure someone on here can confirm this.

Correct.

You may take the exam at 17.5 years, but you must be 21 at the date of appointment. If your number is called before you turn 21, you just stay at the top of the pile for the next class, or whenever. Taking the test young is the way to go.

The age exceptions are for anyone who took test 6019 and as since aged out. They've been given to the age of 35. Also, there are exceptions to the age limit for military personnel.

sorry, I just saw the reply now, let's see is i understood

i can do the 6019 exam if i have age superior 17 1\2 and i can apply the fdny

class if i pass the 6019 exam and must be aged between 18 and 35.

i have another question, what is a difference between 6019 exam and the normal exam?