Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

One Reason Why I Have High Respect For Police Officers

4 posts in this topic

Besides Police Officers being my COWORKERS, or my COLLEGUES, in the same field as I to protect lives and property, just like firefighters, they never know if they'll come home safe.

The criminal nowadays doesnt's match any sort of stereotype. We need to learn from Police Officers what they do and why, because we need to have the same situational awareness. Let's not forget that we "stage" so they can go in first to make sure that Fire and EMS doesn't get killed. Putting it another way, they put their lives on the lines for us when we "stage".

This video is from several years ago and graphic, and much has been learned from it in the years since, but this Trooper didn't even have a chance to get out of his car. Who would have thought that old Grandpa would do this? (and if you can, listen to the whole incident afterwards). Responding units were even really confused as to what was going on, and more confusion was created by the suspect getting on the radio. Some of you may have seen this.

Please, hindsight is 20/20, they should have put a bullet in him right then and there and had oppurtunities to do so, but there's a lot more to the story.

RIP Trooper Randall Wade Vetter, Texas Department Of Public Safety, Texas Highway Patrol

End of Watch: Monday, August 7, 2000

WARNING: Video is GRAPHIC. Injuries incompatible with life to the officer instantly, you can hear his agonal breathing in the background. It is DISTURBING.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dbb_1266356082

I have seen this video many times and it still makes me sick to my stomach.

It drives me nuts when I hear "routine traffic stop". The public needs to understand that there is no such thing as a "routine traffic stop" in our line of work. This could have been any one of us. To all my brothers and sisters in Emergency Services: stay safe and always remain vigilant.

R.I.P. Trooper Vetter

Just a guy, Buff93 and PFDRes47cue like this

Very touching video..

My father attended the officers funeral in full respect. He had 10 + years on NYPD by that point, and was outraged by the fact that this actually happened. He had never ( as much as he can remember) heard or dealt with such a thing since he joined the department back then. He had never been to Texas, and was inspired to go for the first time, just to attend his funeral and pay full respect.

28 years on the job to the day, he attends mostly every funeral of a police officer or firefighters in the area when that time comes, only because of this event.

R.I.P. Trooper Vetter.