Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetPhoto

Monsey Fire - Dad arrested for leaving son in house that caught fire

4 posts in this topic

What a idiot, maybe in his country you can leave kids home alone but not here!

MONSEY — The father who left his 4-year-old son home alone to run an errand, only to return to his house in flames, was arrested and advised to stay away from his family.

Manuel Lliguichusca, 33, whose son was rescued by a neighbor, was charged Monday with endangering the welfare of a child. Police also learned that he is living in the U.S. illegally.

Lliguichusca, an Ecuadorian national, pleaded not guilty to the misdemeanor in Ramapo Justice Court. Justice Alan Simon ordered a hold on Lliguichusca’s passport and said he was not to leave the area. He also recommended the man enroll in a parenting course.

would he get deported since he is here illegally???

What a idiot, maybe in his country you can leave kids home alone but not here!

I saw this on the news...disgusting is all i can say about this morons actions. He is lucky that his son wasnt killed, jacka$$.

The Court has suggested parenting courses, really? I think his actions prove that he is well beyond that point. Any human being, parent or not, should know that leaving a 4-year-old unattended is a recipe for disaster.

would he get deported since he is here illegally???

Not if his child was born here.

People do dumb stuff. He didn't go out to the bar. He ran an errand. Not excusable but the details matter here. Was it 5 minutes or 30? Was he remorseful or blaming the child?

When I was 6 or 7 my parents tasked me with watching my brother while ducked into a store. 2 minutes later they came out to see a by stander catching by brother in his stroller that I'd let roll down the hill towards a busy NYC intersection.

In all of my injured child calls it was one of the least significant scald burns that was most disturbing. The most serious were precipitated by the actions of dumb adults but never with malice. Usually I spend more time reassuring the parent. Some people just really don't know any better.

fireboyny likes this