Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shadow12083

FASNY - SAFER Meeting request

1 post in this topic

I got this message earlier this week and thought some departments might want to meet with her.

Dear Volunteer Fire Company,

My name is Liz Slutzky-Cahill and I was recently appointed by FASNY as the Assistant Volunteer Programs Coordinator for the Hudson Valley Region (Columbia, Greene, Orange, Putnam, Sulllivan, Ulster, and Westchester counties). As you may know, the Firemen’s Association of the State of New York (FASNY) secured a US Department of Homeland Security "Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response" (SAFER) grant to address the vital need for volunteers. I will be your regional representative to assist with new volunteer recruitment and and retention through the SAFER grant.

I look forward to meeting with a chief, line officer, or recruitment coordinator (if you have already designated one) in each of the 329 fire companies in my region. My goal is to assist you in taking full advantage of the SAFER Initiative, from which you will be able to utilize the online auto-referral system once it launches on June 4th. In the meantime, I am asking that you or a member of your company please do the following:

1. Reply to this email or call me as soon as possible to set up a brief meeting at your fire house, so that I may introduce you to the SAFER program and assist you with completing any online forms (or forward this to the applicable member of your fire department). I would like to schedule this within the next two weeks.
  2. Visit FASNY's website here, and complete the Fire Department Information Form.
  3. I am also asking that you forward this email on to any other companies in the region I have listed, so that I may schedule meetings with as many companies as possible.

I appreciate your time, and of course all that you do for your community. I can be contacted at any time at this email address (until I have my new one through FASNY), or can be reached by cell at (518) 788-0587. I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,

Liz Slutzky-Cahill

Assistant Volunteer Programs Coordinator, Hudson Valley Region

elizabethslutzky@hotmail.com

Firemen's Association of the State of New York

107 Washington Avenue

Albany, NY 12210

Edited by shadow12083
firedude likes this