Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x4093k

Fire/EMS Antique Yard in Mount Kisco?

6 posts in this topic

This evening after dining at Westchester Burger Co. We drove down Green Lane. Shortly before we got to the railroad track there were SEVERAL old old ambulances and engines all in a fenced in area. I have never seen them there before.

Is this new? Is this just a collector's storage lot? I was very tempted to take photos of it but by that time we were on the tracks and the train was approaching. ( I had to think if i wanted to try and get a photo before train or to move off the tracks.. was difficult decision..(only kidding :P )

Any info would be appreciated, i'd like to get down there again and check them all out, looked like they were in great condition and were driven there.

Edited by x4093k

All those rigs are going to south America or there abouts not New York state where some some depts upstate need them !

x4093k, x129K and grumpyff like this

Storage yard for Mutual Aid Americas, which as mentioned sends apparatus to Central and Sourh Americas. Not sure if their website is still up.. I have some photos posted in one of the threads, I think 'by the side of the road'

PCFD ENG58 and x4093k like this

All those rigs are going to south America or there abouts not New York state where some some depts upstate need them !

Yeah I was thinking they were just "antiques" and be driven to parades, etc. They were nice rigs. Do they keep bringing more and more in or this is a place to wait for a dept to demand one? Thanks for info.

Storage yard for Mutual Aid Americas, which as mentioned sends apparatus to Central and Sourh Americas. Not sure if their website is still up.. I have some photos posted in one of the threads, I think 'by the side of the road'

I'll take a look. Thanks for the info.

Here is the link to the thread http://www.emtbravo.net/index.php/topic/31088-found-on-the-side-of-the-road/ First photos I posted were from 2010. Some are from other areas such as Brookfields Auto Wrecking in Elmsford. Mutual Aid Americas website: http://www.mutual-aid.org/ makes no mention of apparatus it has sent overseas, but now seems to focus on training

Mutual Aid Americas as we know it is no longer in existence. MAA was founded by current 2042 Bedford Chief Lazaro and current FDNY BC Daniel Sheridan and for many years they sent many used apparatus down to latin america and trained latin american firefighters. Here is a photo of the day both Pete and Dan took former Bedford Fire Department Engine 211 to the port in Elizabeth, NJ to be loaded and sent to Guayaquil, Ecuador.

http://www.bedfordfire.com/apps/public/gallery/index.cfm?Gallery=Apparatus&PageNum=3

Since about 2009, the company split up with BC Sheridan focusing on training firefighters and Chief Lazaro sending down apparatus. The rigs stored on Green Lane in Bedford Hills are owned by Chief Lazaro.

grumpyff likes this